“Food review”
Review of The Old Inn

The Old Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clevedon
The Old Inn
Ranked #6 of 8 Clevedon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Compliments to the new chef!!!!!!
Well what can I say .
I had the great fortune to be pleasantly surprised on visiting as there was far more choice to the normal menus in particular the specials.
We had a selection of great Mexican dishes which were very much on par with previously visited Mexican restaurants in bristol and further a field, I along with my party of 4 could not fault the food,service or food presentation. I think it would be well worth a revisit for the Mexican food alone

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Dyldonk

Reviewed 12 February 2014

This is my local. I have used it for many years, through good and bad times. The current tenant is friendly and experienced and has employed a bar and food team who are friendly and efficient. This has resulted in the pub returning to it's former glory as a good local pub but also welcoming to new faces.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank KayGee338
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Me & dad meet up occasionally for Sunday lunch and love to go to a local pub (he lives in Bath). Our regular haunt has closed down & we stumbled across "The Old Inn". Greeting from bar staff excellent, beer & cider excellent and the Carvery was second to none. Great choice of vegetables and all the trimmings too. The garden is like a home from home & dogs are welcome too (on a lead). I would highly recommend :)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Dianne C
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I have tried this pub many times over the last couple of years, since the new take over.
I stopped going in as the meals where pretty dreadfull.Poor food, some staff look as if they had been out the night before etc.
Anyway I was told there was a new chief, so I went along, and yes the food has been up graded and so much better.Lets hope this goes on and we can at last enjoy a good meal.
Looking forward to going in over the xmas period.

Room Tip: i believe they do not do b/b any more
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Pubs don't get much better than the Old Inn.
Quality food served and a great selection of very well kept Ales and ciders.
The staff are brilliant. Always attentive and greet you with a smile.

Landlord, Paul, has done a great job in bringing this old village pub back to life.
Nice atmosphere, and entertainment, including very good live music.

The Old inn is a warm friendly pub in the winter with an open fire in the main area.
Lots of seating near the bar or away into quiet corners for those who might want to enjoy their food and drink away from the bar buzz and live music.
The gardens and patio areas have been updated to very high standard and well kept.
The kids have a great play area, which is well located where it is away from the exits, not too close to the pub but has plenty of seating around for parents to keep an eye on them.

I would, and do, recommend this pub to anyone.
If you are in the area or passing nearby, give the Old Inn a try.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I know Clevedon pretty well. From Bristol it is barely 20 minutes in the car and it is one of the more tolerable seaside resorts in the area ( without the grim tourist adornments of places like Burnham on Sea and Weston Super Mare ). Like anywhere else, you need to know where the local population choose to drink. I misspent my youth in real pubs – mainly in Montpellier, Redland, Clifton – and if you can remember the piano player in the Fleece ( with Dave Prowse at the bar ) then chances are you and I think alike. I like to trust the locals - they will have put in the judgment hours to save us transient punters the trouble. If you are new to Clevedon then there are several pubs which will disappoint ( trust me as I have tried them all ) but there are one or two which are terrific. Easily the best are The Little Harp ( on the seafront ), The Oak
( also just off the seafront ) and this pub – The Old Inn - which is at the other end of town in East Clevedon. I have found myself returning to The Old Inn for very few of the reasons that tend to be listed in these kind of reviews. Yes the choice of beers is decent – but I drink Fosters, sausage machine fare at the best of times and the same the world over. Yes there is a nice garden here ( with all the accoutrements children seem to find endlessly fascinating ) – but I have one of those at home ( a garden I mean ). And yes, it IS extremely handy from the M5 and easy to find - but I have a Sat Nav ( or Nag if I am accompanied ) these days. So why bother with this review ? Well, I like pub pubs. Warmth from a coal fire in the winter evenings. Cool in the shade come the short summer. Bustling with regulars. Generous servings of real pub food if I am on my way back up the M5 later in the evening ( I am less than partial to experimental cuisine served on a saucer ) and a decent atmosphere ( I nearly cracked a poor joke about a pub called The Moon - another decent venue - in Clevedon having no atmosphere, but that is a cheap joke and not worthy of you dear reader ). I like to enjoy a pint and a decent chat in the knowledge that all around me there are locals returning for exactly the same reason. I don’t like highfalutin, glorified theme tuned, gimmick stricken, Ibiza style noise thumping waterholes. I like a pub where locals congregate and the conversation is warmer than the beer. I like staff who talk to me without saying “who’s next please “ as they hand me my change. I like to see the landlord working behind the bar. If there’s a live band on - well that’s also fine by me too. This is one of those pubs that I can remember from back in the day. Now, I don’t think for one minute that The Old Inn has any pretensions to be something which it is not. But that is absolutely fine by me.

Room Tip: I have not stayed overnight here so cannot comment on the rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MaccaD28
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

A traditional pub with a good atmosphere especially on live music nights every two weeks. Runs a pub quiz on Wednesdays which is also a very pleasant night out. Staff are also courteous and pleasant. One of the best pubs in Clevedon in winter or summer. Winter for the log fire, summer for the extensive garden.

Stayed: November 2013