Best Western Walton Park Hotel
Warrens Village(Clevedon)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Days Inn Bristol M5(Easton-in-Gordano)
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
Commodore Hotel(Kewstoke)
  • Breakfast included
1,144 results
All reviewsbristol channelsea viewold fashioned liftsevern estuaryterrace bartraditional hotelwelsh coastclevedon piertop floorbit datedwedding partylarge roompublic areasstayed for one nightshort breakfour poster bedbiscuits
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Stayed at this Hotel as it is close to my family in Portishead, my partner is Spanish so I thought he would like the location which he did, he thought the Hotel was classic old fashioned which he liked, for myself I think it need a lot of TLC and money spent on the exterior to make it more attractive but overall it was ideal for us to meet our family & will be staying there again in April 2014.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Walton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Janet T

Thank you for your review. I was delighted to read that you will be returning for a future stay in April 2014 and we look forward to welcoming you back once again.

We are very proud of our Victorian period property with its Cliffside location and historic grandeur and I was very pleased that your partner enjoyed the traditional and classic character of the hotel. We offer constant attention to ensure all areas of the hotel are maintained without detracting from the original architecture and features so that all our guests can enjoy a memorable stay.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Walton Park Hotel, we look forward to extending our hospitality to you once again in April.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

I had booked this Hotel for the AGM of a Car Club of which I am a member and this is the third year we have used this venue.

Very good access from the M5 with a stunning cliff top location. The facilities are good, but the decor is a little dated in places. The bedrooms are very comfortable, but the bathrooms could do with facelift.

The restaurant is acceptable, the staff are excellent - especially the french waiter whose name I dont know. The starter for our dinner was good, but the meal was let down by very boring vegetables served with the main course. The breakfast the next morning was really good with plenty of choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Walton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Standard13

Thank you for your review. We were all very pleased to welcome you and your fellow car club members back again this year for your car clubs AGM and we look forward to seeing you again next year.

I will be sure to pass on your comments and feedback to the management and staff that helped make your AGM run smoothly. We take all customer comments very seriously in order to maintain and improve our standards and services for all our future and returning guests to enjoy.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Walton Park Hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Hotel is tired, needs a facelift and could do with training the night time desk staff and duty manager in customer care. It is not a good experience to have the phone put down on you, neither is it fun when the manager is rude, sarcastic and unhelpful. You might be OK if you don't have a problem.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Latona L, General Manager at Best Western Walton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Z B

Thank you for your review. However I must admit I am a little surprised and disappointed to read your comments, especially after our previous communications whereby I offered my sincere apologies for any inconveniences experienced during your recent 3 night stay with us.

As you can read from previous reviews our guests normally have nothing but high praise and positive comments for the dedicated team at the hotel, I again can only apologise if this was not the case during your visit. I would however like to assure you that any guest feedback regarding a member of staff not meeting our high standards of customer care is taken very seriously indeed and dealt with immediately as to ensure a similar situation does not arise again in the future.

I would like to take this further opportunity to once again invite you back to our hotel to experience the hospitality that we pride ourselves on. Should you wish to accept this offer please reply to my initial email sent directly to you following your initial feedback or call the hotel and I will be only too pleased to assist you with a future reservation.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Walton Park Hotel, I do hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel isn't too bad, it's warm and friendly, but needs a bit of an update. The rooms are clean but dated, the car park is dark, tight and asking for an accident to happen.

But the restaurant....my best advice, go somewhere else, anywhere else for food!!

I was met by the maître de who advised me that the restaurant wasn't open and when it was it was fully booked till 7:45, even though it was still empty 30 minutes prior to that. So I waited and finally got shown to my table. My waitress then asked me if I'd like white or brown bread, then brought me a single slice of warburtons best. Luckily I had 14 balls of butter for that single slice. I was scared i might have ran out.

My starter was a cream of white onion soup that was served in a thimble. I started to wish i hadn't finished off that single slice of bread so quickly as I waited for my food. Although I was pleased I hadn't ordered the pate as the customer to my rear was told it was served with salad only and no toast. I hadn't realised that we had a national bread shortage.

So my main course came, a tuna steak with green beans and a chilli oil. It was soaked in oil and tasteless. I'm assuming the chilli oil was also in short demand, so they substituted it with a cup of olive oil and 2 flakes of dried chillies. The fish was over cooked and tough and from the complaints I heard from the table behind me their lamb was equally as bad.

My suggestion for your stay. Get in the car and head to Portishead marina. Whatever you do, avoid this shambles of an establishment for your evening meal!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Walton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear RockieRobinson

Thank you for your recent review. I was pleased to read that you found our hotel and staff warm and friendly. However I was surprised to read your comments with regards to your experience of our restaurant and restaurant staff, as you can see from previous reviews we would only ever normally receive positive comments and feedback regarding this department.

I would like to assure you that we take all customer feedback very seriously indeed and we will investigate all the points raised as to ensure our standards and services are maintained and where ever possible improved so that all our guests can enjoy the high quality of customer service that we pride ourselves on. I would also like to assure you that should you have brought your concerns to the attention of a member of the management team we would have done everything possible to rectify any situation that did not meet your expectations.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Walton Park Hotel, we would very much like to extend our hospitality to you once again. Should you wish to return for a future stay please contact the hotel general manager directly and we will be only too pleased to assist you with a reservation and assure you of a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

We went for a birthday Sunday lunch and it was our first visit to this hotel. The staff were friendly and attentive and despite having a large group having lunch in the next room we lacked nothing. The starters were simple but good particularly the homemade soup. We all enjoyed the roast chicken main course and a variety of desserts. The weather wasn't great so we didn't go for a walk afterwards but that's something to look forward to next time. The views must be stunning on a clear day! We'll be back to find out!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Walton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Sara B

Thank you for the review following your birthday celebration Sunday Lunch here at our hotel. I was delighted to read that on your first visit to our period property you found our staff very friendly, attentive and helpful throughout. I will be sure to pass on your comments and feedback to all members of our dedicated team that helped make your birthday that little more enjoyable and memorable.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Walton Park Hotel, we certainly do look forward to welcoming you back again soon, hopefully on a clear day so that you can enjoy the truly wonderful views.