“Blow away the cobwebs on this historic pier”

Clevedon Pier and Heritage Centre
Ranked #1 of 21 things to do in Clevedon
Reviewed 13 April 2014

A pier with no amusements, just great 360° views and fresh air. (Dress warm)
Entrance fee less than two pounds.
Commemorative plaques on every plank and seating, some funny and some poignant.
Cafe at the end of the pier with reasonable prices.
Shop and heritage centre not visited on this occasion.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Well worth a visit for me it is a trip back in time, holidays spent at Clevedon in the 6o's always included a walk along the Pier. Very pleased to see it restored and open again. The Heritage centre worth spending time visiting.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Lovely unspoilt beach, historic pier. Beautiful walk along the pathway around sea front. Lovely that it remains free of slot machines and loud music.

1  Thank ctkingham
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Clevedon Pier is great for a stroll, even on windy days! The air really does blow your cobwebs away. There is a tea shop/cafe at the end of the pier but is only open certain times so don't rely on getting a cuppa there. The shop at the entrance is small but has a lot of interesting items!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Last Sunday, I decided that I needed some sea air, and I most definitely got some when I paid my £1.30 concessionary entrance fee, in order to slowly stumble to the end of this wonderful testament to Victorian engineering. The pier has only been fully opened again a couple of years ago, so this is the first chance I have ever had to go to the end. It was an effort for me, but well worth it, for the bracing salt air alone! The tea and coffee shop is delightful, and very reasonably priced. The only drawback is the lack of lavatory facilities, maybe just as well really, or I would have stayed until the cleaners swept me out with a broom. I shall try to go again later in the year, when I can spend a little longer admiring the actual structure of the pier, and reading all the information cards.