“Great Value, Breakfast and Comfortable”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clevedon
The Star Inn Tickenham
Ranked #2 of 8 Clevedon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Clean room, great views, good shower, 3 full English breakfasts and polite staff all for £55. How can you complain? Much more pleasant that the sterile large chains. Will definitely come again next time in the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sam M

Reviewed 16 February 2012

My friend and I have visited this pub 3 times over the past year and now we will not be visiting again. We visited each time expecting some nice country home cooked food. The first meal I had was a roast and I cant remember what my friend had but she had a food label in it. On seeing the bar maid we were told sshh or everyone will want one with no formal apology. We gave them the benifit of the doubt as summer and went back again a few weeks later. My friend had chilli and me a burger, was dreadful chilli was bland and my burger bounced when thrown, we complained again we were told it was a sunday and were busy and roast was the best bet on a sunday. The staff seemed unable to deal with feedback so we left a bit miffed. The finall straw came last week when we were out that way we decided to try again (wish i hadnt bothered) The carvery was awlful, meat was cold and tough and veg they had run out of half of it and what they had was not cooked properly, the condements were also all empty. I complained again and just got ahh sorry about that. The table behind ordered liver off the menu and 2 carverys> they forgot the liver and after a while we heard them ask to be told they had none so the gentleman had to re -order then eat alone, they did get arefund but staff just laughed it off. Star we gave you 3 chances and each time you failed to deliver good food, and the service was little far from appalling. Your staff require customer service training and your pub requires a new chef!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Charl0tteD
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Be warned they don't do breakfast except on Saturday & Sunday, which is a shame as the evening meal is good. The in room information informs you that as an alternative to breakfast you can order a baguette from the bar in the evening and it will be outside your room door when you get up in the morning, I did this paid £4.95 and woke to find no baguette, you can't complain to anyone because the only people on site are the guests, the pub is locked and we have separate entry/exit I also checked before I went to bed if the staff had left the baguette out last thing at night but it wasn't there.
Firstly the positives, the wi-fi is excellent and the bathroom was clean and modern. Now the negatives, the room was cold and drafty, the old windows in the room do little to keep out the cold and is where most of the drafts come from, when the heating comes on its cosy in the room but when it goes off it doesn't take long to go cold again. The bed is probably the worst ive slept in, the mattress offers no support whatsoever. Room facilities aren't up to much, I made a cup of tea on arrival only for grime to rise to the surface of the drink, I know UHT milk lasts a long time but I made a coffee in the morning and the milk floated on the top. Was the stay worth £55 room only for one night? definitely not! was the evening meal good? Yes! Would I stay here again or recommend the Star Inn? definitely not!

Room Tip: Book elsewhere, if the owners aren't stopping here that says it all!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 December 2011

I booked a family room for Saturday 26 November. I am guessing that the person who gave a 3 Star Rating with Visit England didn't stay in the family room. There were four of us and only a double and single bed was provided. The extra sleeping was just a matress on the floor. The windows were dirty and rotten. The bathroom was in need of a damn good clean - pink mould under the taps and stained water marks on the wall tiles is not an acceptable standard of cleanliness. Breakfast was average and the coffee down right awful. Would definitely NOT recommend staying at the Star Inn and certainly will NEVER stay again.

Room Tip: Don't stay there!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Alison M
Reviewed 9 October 2011

A fantastic little hotel restaurant. Decent sized room which was very nice. The evening meal and breakfast were both fantastic, but where this establishment really shined was the staff. They couldn't do enough to ensure I had a brilliant stay. No task was too much and they continually went out of there way to make my stay very enjoyable. A brilliant place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank RyanSalter25
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Visiting family in the area and decided to stay at The Star. I could not believe a b&b above a pub could be so good!! Our room was clean, and very modern. The added extra was the service of the pub below, we were made to feel like family. The food was more restaurant quality than a country pub. I had a steak which was probably the best I have ever had(I have eaten all over the world). The chef owner explained about his special rub he has to cover the steaks! will come back very soon. Well done The Star!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank travel_bug_69_fam
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Stayed here when visiting family in the area - clean, comfortable, good food and reasonably price. Will certainly be staying there when in the area again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Sue_Stew_Llanelli
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clevedon
Warrens Village
Taggart House Bed & Breakfast
Taggart House Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 1 in Walton-in-Gordano
Cavell House Bed And Breakfast

Been to The Star Inn Tickenham? Share your experiences!