“Fantastic food, fantastic service.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clevedon
The Star Inn Tickenham
Ranked #2 of 8 Clevedon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 December 2013

My wife and I visited for an evening meal after being recommended by our friends. I'm glad to say that we were not let down! I had the duck and my wife chose off the special sausage menu. The meals were great and the young barman's service was impeccable. We then spent the rest of the evening on the sofas by a warm fire place feeling right at home. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rob A

Reviewed 28 November 2013

I live near to the Star, it has a terrible reputation locally. I took my son in law for a drink there and he said it was the worst pub he had ever been in. It was dirty, staff miserable, atmosphere totally missing, cold and unwellcoming. I heard there was a change in management so gave it a try at lunchtime. OMG WHAT A CHANGE. The new landlord who is Turkish gave me a beaming smile and a huge genuine welcome. Poured my drink and ushered me to a seat right next to a roaring log fire. After a plate of really good ham and eggs (and another drink!) I felt warm and comfortable and thought to myself what a miracle, this is a real pub now, its clean, has a heart and is beginning to serve really nice food. I am going to try the Turkish meatballs next time (tomorrow maybe?)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Gerry S
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Murat Gumus has just taken over this pub ,which used to be our 'local' over 30 years ago and we never returned ,due to negative feedback.
However, on our recent visit, we found the service friendly and most welcoming and the food superb not just superb EXCEPTIONAL!.
Now we are recommending it to our friends who feel just the same
May this enterprise expand and prosper
John and Emily

1  Thank alicemaudbristol
Reviewed 16 November 2013

The Star Inn has recently changed ownership, I went in to have a look more than anything. It has a very nice atmosphere, quite homely feel to it with a hint of bistro. Nicely decorated with lots of attention to detail. The menu had some great options, so we decided to order. We chose a steak and onion ciabatta and a trio of sausages (you could choose from a huge range e.g. black pudding and caramelised onion, chorizo, leek..........) and spring onion mash. Both were excellent and good quality ingredients, was pleasantly surprised at the prices. Menu offers smaller, light bite style options too.

The service was very friendly and staff helpful. It was nice to see the owner/chef talking to the customers making sure everyone was fine. Great service with a smile. I have heard some good reviews about their roast dinners too, will be going back to try them after our visit today am looking forward to it!

2  Thank BekGreen
Reviewed 16 November 2013

the new star inn is really cool. Nice staff, good food, nice atmosphere. without comparisons with the previous restaurant that was another boss. really hot. From now on, I will be very happy to come here together with your friends and family

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank edyta b
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We knew people locally who told us not to go to the Star Inn - based on the way it used to be. We had a great evening! The food was excellent, the service likewise - one of the staff even gave us a lift back to our B&B, when we asked them to call a cab! The owner came out and asked us for feedback, and we both thought, "This team really deserves success". So, gve them a try - you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank mynn
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Wow. What a transformation. So glad as it is our local! Good beer fantastic food and friendly service! Good value too! Make sure you get down there soon. I took my sister and her boyfriend and my husband. We had Camembert, white bate and black pudding to start. And fish cake, fish and chips, gammon and risotto for mains. They were all well presented and very tasty. 2 courses and 2 drinks for £20 a head!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends