“Faultless friendly staff, fantastic food...truly excellent.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Junior Poon

Junior Poon
Ranked #3 of 56 Restaurants in Clevedon
Price range: US$19 - US$64
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a privately owned restaurant operating since 1992. Junior Poon never been about stars, glitz or gimmicks. It's about the simple old fashion traditional qualities that really matters most to their guests - serving well cooked exquisite classic food with care and attention. It is a venue for people who appreciate fine food, good old fashion friendly service in a stylish yet informal and comfortable elegant surrounding at an affordable price.
Ludlow, United Kingdom
“Faultless friendly staff, fantastic food...truly excellent.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

I cannot praise the staff & chefs at Junior Poon enough...we stumbled accross the restuarant by chance in Clevedon after we checked online for a local chinese and it was literally fantastic. We were early diners and took advantage of a set menu, including starter, crispy duck and mains with egg fried rice at a discounted price and wow... the crispy seaweed was exactly that, well seasoned and a generous portion and the crispy schezchan (sp?) chicken started was delicious. We ordered prawn crackers and the generous portion lasted throughout our meal. The crispy duck for two was again generous, 4 pancakes each with a lovely hoi sin sauce (not usually a fan) and usual accompaniments. Our mains were also great, pork in a spicy siam sauce and crispy shredded chilli beef both served with heaps of egg fried rice which even our baby thought was tasty and she is not a fan of rice! The drinks were reasonably priced with an extensive menu and the staff were all great, attentive but not intrusive, good with Millie making her laugh and extremely polite. The best part of my meal was the toffee banana desert, 6 pieces in a light batter, dipped in toffee and covered in sesame seeds...devine. If you're not already convinced this place is reason enough to visit Clevedon again! Enjoy!

“Blown away!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

This was my first Junior Poon, and I have to say, it was fantastic. So fresh and well presented I just kept coming back for more! I will absolutely be back with my whole family the next time. whilst me and my partner really enjoyed Junior Poon, I feel you definately experience it better with a large group going at it together!

4 Thank adam684
Wollongong, Australia
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

I never write reviews on here, but after my dinner at Junior Poon last night, I was inspired to! My friend and I arrived early on a Sunday at 6pm for dinner after a long day's shopping. We were welcomed warmly and showed to a lovely table by the window with THE most comfy chairs - we wondered if we'd ever leave after sititng down. We were pleased with the early bird specials and order two courses for £9.95 each, both of which were delicious. We asked for one of the meals to be changed from beef to chicken and this was not a problem. The glass of pinotage I ordered was fantastic. There is a great wine list and although I'm no expert, there seemed to be a great variety of good wines to choose from. The lamb starter was melt in your mouth tender and delicious and my main of chilli crispy beef was fantastic, along with the noodles I ordered. My friend really enjoyed her bbq ribs and chicken in black been sauce, though she felt the lamb starter was slightly better. We had intended to stay no more than an hour but happily relaxed into a couple of hours in the restaurant due to the peaceful atmosphere, great service and... you guessed it, comfy chairs. A great dining experience, enhanced by the last minute decision to eat here. Though it's an hour journey home, I'll definitely be back! :-)

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great traditional Chinese caters for gluten free”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

We only discovered this restaurant a couple of weeks ago. I'm gluten free and was resigned to never having a decent Chinese meal in a restaurant. but we had a lovely meal here and Mr Poon is a perfect host. He is completely in control of the whole guest experience, his staff are young but well trained and very friendly. The food is delicious. And they work really hard to cater for different diets. We had crispy duck and whist my husband had pancakes i was given crunchy lettuce leaves instead, yum, in my opinion equal if not better to the pancake option! I followed this with sweet and sour chicken, again gluten free, one of the nicest sweet and sour dishes I have had. Ok, the decor is a bit old fashioned, but everything is spotlessly clean and it is comfortable. It may feel a little crowded when the ground floor restaurant is full, but the staff seem so well rehearsed I can't see it phasing them. We will definitely be regulars.

Bath, United Kingdom
“The Best in the West”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

My family visited Junior Poon's wonderful restaurant on 15th July, a busy Saturday evening.
We had travelled for over an hour to this special place, as there is absolutely nowhere else
like it; You are made to feel very special from the minute you walk in the door. The staff
are completely charming, considerate, and attentive. Nothing is too much trouble. The food
absolutely perfect, how do they get everything tasting so wonderful ? Junior Poon, himself
looks after everyone in a relaxed, friendly way, and makes you feel welcome and your
presence valued, he has a natural warmth and charm. We ate all our favourites, and felt
that rare thing after visiting a restaurant, that all was completely delicious, and, importantly
we had had very good value for our money. Thank you to all the lovely staff !! See you all
again soon. Oh, we sat upstairs, which was full, and very buzzy. Beautiful room.