“indian as i like it”

Junior Poon
Ranked #3 of 56 Restaurants in Clevedon
Price range: US$19 - US$64
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a privately owned restaurant operating since 1992. Junior Poon never been about stars, glitz or gimmicks. It's about the simple old fashion traditional qualities that really matters most to their guests - serving well cooked exquisite classic food with care and attention. It is a venue for people who appreciate fine food, good old fashion friendly service in a stylish yet informal and comfortable elegant surrounding at an affordable price.
Retford, United Kingdom
“indian as i like it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Three of us went out a lunch time meal, and it was inexpensive and tasty, we all had different dishes, and were very pleased with them, next time we are at Cleve den we shall go again

• Visited August 2014
Junior P, Owner at Junior Poon, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your lunch time with us. We look forward to be of service to you again the next time you visit Clevedon and thank you for your kind 5-Star review.

Portishead, United Kingdom
“Top notch Chinese food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

If you like Chinese food this is the best place in Somerset for my money. It as expanded over the years and now boasts a wine bar. I've lost count the amount of visits I have made, and everyone one was a truly delightful experience, with matching service. I cannot fault this place, amazing.

• Visited September 2013
Junior P, Owner at Junior Poon, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you very much for your kind review. Compliments like yours goes a long way with all my crew in Junior Poons. We are all dedicated and committed in providing services that exceed our customers' expectation. After all these 22 years, we are still working very hard to ensure the good service all our customers deserve. Thank you again. Look forward to be of service to you again soon.
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

One of the reason we went to Clevedon was to try this restaurant. We were not disappointed with the food from the very affordable lunch time menu. Service was good, food was fresh and piping hot.

This was our first visit and we intend to go again.

• Visited July 2014
Junior P, Owner at Junior Poon, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for giving us a try! We have been operating for 22 years in Clevedon and still loving it! All my staff including myself are committed in providing the best our customers deserve. For your information, we do have a wine bar on the lower ground floor which open in the evening serving Chinese Tapas for those who prefer casual dining experience. We look forward to your next visit soon.
UK
“Good as ever”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Very good chinese food and great value. Service excellent and a good atmosphere. Wide menu and early evening offers. Would recommend.

Visited July 2014
Junior P, Owner at Junior Poon, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. We always strive to achieve the best for all our customers. Thank you for recommending us. We look forward to your next visit.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“excellent service and lovely food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I really enjoyed my second visit to this Chinese restaurant in Clevedon.

We had the early evening set menu, with 3 starters and 3 main courses, which was all very tasty and well presented. For £13.50, I also thought it was very good value.

The restaurant is very pleasant, quite light and spacious, and even though it was a very hot evening I found the temperature was just right inside.

What I really like about this place though is the service. The young serving staff are pleasant and friendly and manage to be attentive without being intrusive, which I would imagine is quite difficult to do. Our drinking water was kept topped up without having to ask (which is a rare thing indeed) and coffee top-ups were offered free of charge.

All in all a great eating experience!

• Visited July 2014
Junior P, Owner at Junior Poon, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for your kind and generous review. I am pleased to hear that your second visit was as pleasant as your first. We always strive to exceed more than our customers' expectation and consistency is one of the thing we aim to maintain. My crew and I genuinely enjoy what we do and hopefully it does reflect on our service. I shall pass on your comment to my crew and I thank you on their behalf for your kind compliment. We look forward to see you again soon.