Castle of Comfort Country House
Apple Tree Hotel(Keenthorne)
  • Breakfast included
New Inn(Taunton)
View Hotel
The Walnut Tree Hotel(North Petherton)
Admirals Table(Bridgwater)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewscomplimentary sherryroll top bathfour poster bedcream teawarmest of welcomesbiscuitshome made cakeswarm welcomequantock hillsattending a weddingwet roomstayed longeron arrivaldunster castlelarge roomlovely roomlovely touch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 September 2012

We stayed for Four nights and were well taken care of by Nigel and Carol , the rooms were one of the best we have stayed in and the breakfast had something for everybody.The restaurent had a superb menu with a good wine list and we will certainly consider returning in the future.

Room Tip: Note the restaurent is closed on Sunday , Carol did offer to cook us something but everyone needs a rest day so we visited a pub in the next village.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank john s c h
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Warm welcome from Nigel, faultless rooms with surroundings that really echo the country house feel, although it was a bit cold for a dip in the pool. Had dinner in the restaurant and the locally sourced food was out of this world! Thoroughly recommended, I certainly intend staying again if I am in the area and would make a detour to enjoy the rack of lamb!

Room Tip: Try the restaurant, you wont be dissapointed!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank stevegresty
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We stayed here on our way to Cornwall. We arrived in time for a delicious cream tea which bode well! Dinner was excellent, as was breakfast and the service was very friendly. We stayed with our dog who was allowed in the bar after dinner. It's a perfect overnight stop but would also be great to stay for a holiday in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tony G
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Stopped for a weekend with family, lovely clean and tidy with excellent bathroom facilities. Didn't eat in hotel as menu doesn't cater very well for fussy ten year olds, but my wife and I would have loved to have sampled the food as it looked fantastic. The breakfast was very good, with more than enough options to please anyone. The warmth of the owners and staff are what really make the hotel though, lovely people who go out of their way to make you feel welcome.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Stobbsy69
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I have had the opportunity to stay here on many occassions for several years now and I keep coming back. This is my first hotel review as I have never felt motivated to write one and recommend such a homely, welcoming place. The attention to detail is spot on, the bedrooms are all well presented and I particularly enjoy the complimentary sherry. The food is beautifully cooked and breakfast is award winning. Special note to all the staff and Carol & Nigel who have always made me feel like a special guest.

• Stayed: August 2012