“An irresistable magnet in the Quantoks” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Castle of Comfort Country House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dodington
Manchester
“An irresistable magnet in the Quantoks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Having a business need to travel down to South West of Bristol and needing overnight accommodation, Carol and the Castle instantly came to the forefront of my mind. A quick phone call-yes-room available tonight but not tomorrow-fully booked. Oh sugar !!!. No worries, I'll sort you out with somewhere to rest your head.
M5 was a car park, Jct 14 southwards to Jct 23 took 4 hours instead of 1.5! Eventually arrived, carol had researched the room I was in last April (2013) and made it ready and welcoming. Two minutes refresher then the garden for a welcome chilled white and a personal chill. Unfortunately swimming pool was MT having just been refurbished but understand it is back in service now. Splendid dinner, great breakfast, great send off, I will be back.

Took the opportunity to visit Coleridge Cottage in Nether Stowey this time, met by three very enthusiastic and knowledgeable NT volunteers, recommend you don't miss out on this. I did The Ancient Mariner for my O level GCE English Literature 54 years ago---------and passed

Room Tip: All rooms face the garden away from the road
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Now i'm not the sort of person to write reviews well this is the first one I've ever wrote. I work away from home week in week out. And this is the best place I've stopped so far.
1. First impressions the the room was very fresh and clean, with many extras beyond the normal like a tea pot and filter coffee and dry roasted nuts also sweets and mint and even a glass of sherry if you wished.
2. The gardens are lovely and large with well kept lawn with views of Wales in the distance with a wood behind which has pony's and deer roaming' if your lucky enough to see them.
3. The owners are very friendly and treat every guest with a friendly smile and a lovely demeanour.
4. I'll save the best for last. The food is without doubt superb. The vegetable are lovely and fresh and cooked to perfection with a slight bite. And I think through out the week I've eaten everything I fancied and been impressed even increasingly.

Normally when I work away I look forward to the weekends, this week has been a breath of fresh air. I've been looking forward to get back to the Castle of Comfort
Also its the only place in the area I can get a phone signal.
Would I stay here again, without a doubt !!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank baronvonpiggy
London, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Second visit. Food was superb. Four poster room was fun and practical. Sherry a nice touch after a long day's tourism.
Very convenient for touring
Looking forward to going back to see the outcome of the work in the garden

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank telcotraveller
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

We found this wonderful place by chance when searching for a luxury dog friendly place to visit. Great location, lovely attention to detail - the food, the place itself and the rooms and staff were second to none. Would definitely stay here again and recommend it highly to anyone visiting the area. The owners couldn't have done more to make us feel welcome and special. Love this place !!

• Stayed April 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

We stayed at the beginning of March. Everybody was so helpful and kind. my husband has trouble with walking, so when I asked if they would mind if he stayed in all day the staff went one better. They changed our room for a room with a view and the cosiest little en suite lounge and settled my husband for the day in great comfort. We could not have asked for better treatment, they worked so hard to ensure we both had a wonderful break. What's more the decor was lovely, the views towards Bridgwater Bay scenic, walking on the Quantocks brill,the food excellent and the staff all incredibly friendly. What a lucky find, all in all outstanding.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

After been recently stranded in floods nearby, we took refuge in the nearest hotel which happened to be the Castle of Comfort. All that we required was a warm bath and somewhere to sleep but we were met by the warmest of welcomes and every aspect of our overnight stay was excellent. We had 3 children with us and as we had not booked in advance, we were expecting to just 'make do' in whatever room they had available but this was to the case at all and we truly enjoyed our short stay. Aswell as a lovely tray of sandwiches brought to our room that night (which were devoured in seconds), we also had one of the loveliest breakfasts I have ever had! Lovely comfortable rooms with all the little extras that make you want to go again. Thank you guys - you turned an awful experience into a memorable stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank royalhotelsutton
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

I sourced this lovely hotel through laterooms , as I was working nearby , and it is in every way superior to the chain hotels that supposedly cater for the business traveller , for the same average price.
The quality of rooms, dining and service are detailed in other reviews and I agree entirely with their comments , this hotel deserves success so give them a try , I think you will be really pleased that you did .
I shall certainly return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dodington
Farthings Country House Hotel and Restaurant
#2 of 2 in Wellington
The Castle at Taunton
The Castle at Taunton
#7 of 17 in Taunton

Been to Castle of Comfort Country House? Share your experiences!