“Top Class Accommodation”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dodington
Greenock, United Kingdom
“Top Class Accommodation”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed over for night, en route to Devon. My room was spacious, spotless and beautifully decorated. The bed was the most comfortable, I have ever slept in. There was even sherry in a decanter. I felt like a most honoured guest. The staff were helpful and friendly and capable of articulate and interesting conversation.

The food however, I must comment on. I had the best meal I ever had. Fresh vegetables cooked to slightly crunchy perfection and beef which actually did melt in the mouth. The chef here is honestly... definitely worth visiting. Her skills are exceptional !

Room Tip: Each room has its own exceptional merits (according to website). I was only in one room, a classic d...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We came across the Castle of Comfort by chance on a website because we were looking for accommodation which allowed dogs. After quite a long drive (from Holland), we were greeted with a very cheery reception and showed to our room which was the super king room - absolutely perfect for our four legged friend as it had direct access to the grounds, which were also stunning. The room itself was lovely and had everything we could possibly need for our 2 night stay. My family were also made very very welcome when they visited us and were able to share afternoon tea (with delicious fresh cakes and scones) and an evening meal with us.

The food was delicious! A very wide range of cooked breakfasts as well as a lovely range of evening meals which were very reasonably priced and delivered with lovely service. Our dog, Rufus was also treated like royalty!

Even though we only stayed 2 nights, it has certainly made a big impression, we are hoping to visit again soon and my family also have the Castle of Comfort high on their list to revisit! Lovely place and lovely service, would highly recommend paying a visit!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jo v
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

On journey back from South West - hasn't realised what time was and pubs had stopped doing food. Took a chance on this, just stopping as we went past, and very glad we did. Though it was 2.30ish, very helpful staff found us a quite excellent cream tea. Very good value too. The C-of-C deserves to succeed with such a cheerful can-do attitude, and we were sorry we had to move on without looking round the attractive grounds. Beautiful setting.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

we only stayed 1 night first impression was great... when you enter it gets better & better..gardens, restaurant, guest lounge, bedroom WOW !, we were upgraded to room 4...so .comfortable with lots of original features plus luxury modern amenities. Owners are great hosts & made us feel welcome. They obviously work very hard to maintain their beautiful hotel to such a high standard. Hope to stay again next time for longer.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

What a wonderful place - we stayed with our 4 month old puppy, was fantastic and breakfast was just divine.

Can't wait to come back and try the food in the evening (not open on Sunday evenings)

See you soon!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

But I will definitely return. Wonderful welcome, nothing too much trouble. We live quite close so do not need to stay, unless we sample all the wine menu, which would be no problem as there is a very good selection and next time I am going to leave room for that dessert wine! Drinks in a cosy lounge, food was served quickly and efficiently and was delicious. Just the right sized portion and a menu choice to make you want to go again!! They had just finished the garden make over that day, so will look forward to seeing it in all it's glory next time. A lovely lady gave us the lowdown on this fascinating piece of history here in the Quantocks. I would love to be able to stay, I am sure I am missing out on a really good room here!

Room Tip: As I did not stay I cannot help here, but if you can certainly eat here!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Manchester
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Having a business need to travel down to South West of Bristol and needing overnight accommodation, Carol and the Castle instantly came to the forefront of my mind. A quick phone call-yes-room available tonight but not tomorrow-fully booked. Oh sugar !!!. No worries, I'll sort you out with somewhere to rest your head.
M5 was a car park, Jct 14 southwards to Jct 23 took 4 hours instead of 1.5! Eventually arrived, carol had researched the room I was in last April (2013) and made it ready and welcoming. Two minutes refresher then the garden for a welcome chilled white and a personal chill. Unfortunately swimming pool was MT having just been refurbished but understand it is back in service now. Splendid dinner, great breakfast, great send off, I will be back.

Took the opportunity to visit Coleridge Cottage in Nether Stowey this time, met by three very enthusiastic and knowledgeable NT volunteers, recommend you don't miss out on this. I did The Ancient Mariner for my O level GCE English Literature 54 years ago---------and passed

Room Tip: All rooms face the garden away from the road
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dodington
Apple Tree Hotel
#1 of 2 in Holford
The Old House
The Old House
#1 of 6 in Nether Stowey

Been to Castle of Comfort Country House? Share your experiences!