“Great food & Service”
Review of Tongdam Thai

Tongdam Thai
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dulverton
Tongdam Thai
Ranked #10 of 17 Dulverton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Having picked up a takeaway menu during the day to see the menu before eating in the evening, we were a little bit taken aback by how much more expensive it was in the restaurant (you expect it to be slightly more expensive but my dish was £9.80 on the takeaway menu and £13.95 in restaurant). That said, it was worth every penny. Delicious fresh food, great service & atmosphere. We were camping nearby and it made a nice change from Pub Grub & BBQ food. Highly recommended, will definately return next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank samb888
There are newer reviews for Tongdam Thai

Reviewed 31 July 2012

Really nice people - you feel very welcome as if you were at your good friends'. Relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
The Food/dinner was good. A good restaurant.
Breakfast starts with a refreshing bowl of fruit salad. The cooked breakfast however is terrible.
Accommodation: Clean and comfortable bed. The bamboo blinds have character but let the light in - you are waken-up by the day light very early. Unfortunate for a relaxing week end.
More generally lost of cobwebs that it would not take long to get rid of - this lets down the place a bit. The B&B does need some TLC - a bit of paint, getting rid of the old carpets (showing off the original floor boards would add charm and character to the place and would not cost much to do).
I would go back though; the friendly service makes us for some of the things that are not quite right.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2012

We were staying in knowstone and Tongdam Thai was recommended to us in the welcome guide, ate here for dinner on our last night. The food was amazing, service was perfect. Definitely need to book a table as its obviously very popular, lots of people in there for a Thursday evening. Nice traditional decor. Would definately return to taste some more.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We were staying nearby in Dulverton when we were recommended the Thai restaurant Tongdam. We went in and booked lunch time for a table table in the evening.

We were attentively served in the evening very polite waiters. we also enjoyed the food. It was fairly busy and I am glad we booked. I had asked for particular table an thought it was very sweet of the original waiter who kept the table I wanted for us to sit at.

My one and only moan and this is an observation is the chairs, i don't know why such lovely restaurants choose such uncomfortable wooden chairs, that are hard. I am afraid I did ask for a cushion which was supplied but a very thin one, so in no time it was flat. as soon as the people from the nearby table left i requested one of only 3 chairs that had padding on which the your Waiter swopped for me.

Lovely restaurant great decor, people want to sit and enjoy but its like sitting on a park bench when it is a hard surfaced wooden chair and if like me people suffer on hard surfaces they can't enjoy it.

other then that I recommend it and was pleased.
If this is helpful please give me a tick

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DuquesaLondon
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Came with my family for Sunday lunch - we ate off the menu although there was also a lunch option available (which seemed like good value) The food was lovely, the service discreet but attentive (without being intrusive) and the ambience was perfect for Sunday lunch (I'd imagine it's pretty good in the evening too!) I'll be returning soon!

Room Tip: didn't stay the night so can't help
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Had lunch here over new year. All the food was fantastic and service good. Reccomended, and will return when next in dulverton.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I recently visited Dulverton, staying at the Tongdam and I also had both my lunch there and evening meal. The food was wonderful, with a good, reasonably priced lunch menu with a mix of asian and western foods if desired. The evening meal I had was a Thai red curry which was delicious. I was invited to view the kitchen and see the food being efficiently and freshly prepared. The hosts, Robert and Tino are so friendly and nice the whole experience was a joy.

Room Tip: Room No. 1 is lovely with a separate sitting room and ensuite!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo