“A pleasant surprise” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tongdam Thai

Tongdam Thai
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dulverton
Tongdam Thai
Ranked #12 of 17 Dulverton B&B and Inns
London
“A pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

Good food & attentive service - only visited the restaurant for dinner, didn't stay overnight.
The menu presents all the usual dishes you'd expect to find in a Thai restaurant.
The prices were a bit higher than I thought for this part of the world - on par with London (if not higher than some I've been to), but worth a visit nonetheless if you're in this beautiful area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Brit-Born-Cyp

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Cheshunt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

We only ate here but the food was amazing and staff friendly. I'm vegetarian and there was a wide range of choice.I tried this restaurant after being recommended it by my partner and his friend. I will be returning in the future when I'm next down in Somerset.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Keely887
clevedon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

Having picked up a takeaway menu during the day to see the menu before eating in the evening, we were a little bit taken aback by how much more expensive it was in the restaurant (you expect it to be slightly more expensive but my dish was £9.80 on the takeaway menu and £13.95 in restaurant). That said, it was worth every penny. Delicious fresh food, great service & atmosphere. We were camping nearby and it made a nice change from Pub Grub & BBQ food. Highly recommended, will definately return next time we are in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank samb888
Farnham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

Really nice people - you feel very welcome as if you were at your good friends'. Relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
The Food/dinner was good. A good restaurant.
Breakfast starts with a refreshing bowl of fruit salad. The cooked breakfast however is terrible.
Accommodation: Clean and comfortable bed. The bamboo blinds have character but let the light in - you are waken-up by the day light very early. Unfortunate for a relaxing week end.
More generally lost of cobwebs that it would not take long to get rid of - this lets down the place a bit. The B&B does need some TLC - a bit of paint, getting rid of the old carpets (showing off the original floor boards would add charm and character to the place and would not cost much to do).
I would go back though; the friendly service makes us for some of the things that are not quite right.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Hampshire, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

We were staying in knowstone and Tongdam Thai was recommended to us in the welcome guide, ate here for dinner on our last night. The food was amazing, service was perfect. Definitely need to book a table as its obviously very popular, lots of people in there for a Thursday evening. Nice traditional decor. Would definately return to taste some more.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Woodford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

We were staying nearby in Dulverton when we were recommended the Thai restaurant Tongdam. We went in and booked lunch time for a table table in the evening.

We were attentively served in the evening very polite waiters. we also enjoyed the food. It was fairly busy and I am glad we booked. I had asked for particular table an thought it was very sweet of the original waiter who kept the table I wanted for us to sit at.

My one and only moan and this is an observation is the chairs, i don't know why such lovely restaurants choose such uncomfortable wooden chairs, that are hard. I am afraid I did ask for a cushion which was supplied but a very thin one, so in no time it was flat. as soon as the people from the nearby table left i requested one of only 3 chairs that had padding on which the your Waiter swopped for me.

Lovely restaurant great decor, people want to sit and enjoy but its like sitting on a park bench when it is a hard surfaced wooden chair and if like me people suffer on hard surfaces they can't enjoy it.

other then that I recommend it and was pleased.
If this is helpful please give me a tick

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
2 Thank DuquesaLondon
Crediton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

Came with my family for Sunday lunch - we ate off the menu although there was also a lunch option available (which seemed like good value) The food was lovely, the service discreet but attentive (without being intrusive) and the ambience was perfect for Sunday lunch (I'd imagine it's pretty good in the evening too!) I'll be returning soon!

Room Tip: didn't stay the night so can't help