“Twenty Years of Excellent Service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Lion Hotel

The Lion Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dulverton
The Lion Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dulverton
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Twenty Years of Excellent Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

Myself and my partner have returned to The Lion Hotel two or more times a year for twenty years. Not only is it in one of the most beautiful parts of the country, it is also as welcoming to holiday makers, (dogs included) and business people as does the town of Dulverton. The resturant food and breakfast is freshly cooked to a very high standard. We highly recommend this hotel. Alan, Sue and Daisy the dog

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Alan C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

Lovely place, welcoming Thai lady who seemed to be reception, cleaner, barmaid etc
Comfy beds, could do with central heating on a cold night and showers were very hopeless
They've obviously just redecorated - our room had a sash window painted wide open , then manager seemed completely unaware of this, but did offer
to sort it out . ( do owners EVER stay in their own rooms ?)
Didn't eat there, looked a but dull, nicer restaurant up the road

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Travelswithhairdrye
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

Welcoming staff, hotel appeared to be having a new coat of paint upstairs could do with a general make over lacked a bit of atmosphere.However excellent service good food,clean rooms what more do you need.Those who like a drink need to be aware of the local licensing hours close at 3 open at 6 for the 4 pubs in the village (except for the Rock Inn).Excellent location to visit the Tarr steps 6 miles by car also 6 mile footpath.Thought room was over priced compared to those stopped at on the 3 night road trip and didn't make the best use of space in the room.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Taunton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

I have been to the Hotel before and loved the stay. It was the same again, this time around. Although I didn't eat in the Hotel like last time because it was too busy for my dog (he hates lots of people around), I stayed for 1 night (sat) - the room was the same as before.

Had another great stay, with the owners being very friendly to me...and my dog (gave him a few treats).

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

I have stayed at the Lion many times over the last 4-5 years. I have always found it welcoming and friendly. It's an ancient building and the floors creak a bit but the beds are comfy and the water is always hot. The food is always excellent whether it is breakfast (you won't need lunch) or dinner. The staff are helpful and obliging and they are dog friendly, my Spaniel loves it there as she always gets treats. I now have a cottage in Dulverton but still eat often at the Lion.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Wimborne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013

We ate here on one occasion when we were in Dulverton. The food was typical pub food but was nice but not special. It was served in a timely way and the staff were very pleasant but we felt that once we had finished our meal we were ready to leave rather than linger. The restaurant is adequate but with little atmosphere. Certainly go there if you just want a quick pub meal but pick somewhere else if you want atmosphere and an incentive to sit and enjoy the ambience.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Bridgend, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

I stayed in the hotel throughout the week for nearly four months when I was working in the area. I was made to feel very welcome, part of the family and very much at home. The food was great and I had a lovely breakfast every day, my feather pillows were changed when I mentioned they made me sneeze too much, I had a bacon sandwich made for me when I didn't have the time for a sit-down breakfast. My room was lovely and cozy. I will look to stay here when I am in the area again

Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BizyLizy81
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dulverton
Exmoor White Horse Inn
#4 of 5 in Lynmouth
The Hartnoll Hotel
The Hartnoll Hotel
#2 of 4 in Tiverton

Been to The Lion Hotel? Share your experiences!