“A Real Good Place”

Ranked #16 of 20 Restaurants in Dulverton
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“A Real Good Place”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We had a walk around Dulverton only to find this white smallish bar, we walked in and the noise was deafening, the music was way over the top, but then a guy came over and said " Follow me" to which we did and he took us into another bar which was absolutely brilliant, we sat down at a table and once again everyone was so friendly and happy all except for the lady behind the bar, but she was okay and polite, but we started to believe all from Dulverton were on happy tablets! So we had a drink and ordered our meals, Phil had the pie which looked and smelt great, Chris had Gammon which again looked and tasted great, Glenda had the Balti Pizza and I had the Mexican Pizza, the food arrived everyone was looking forward to this, and everyone tucked in, mine unfortunately was a touch on the cold side, I called the young lady over and asked her to put it in the microwave for a minute, within seconds the owner or Manager came over and apologised profusely and said they were going to make a fresh one, I said no, no it wasn't a problem but he was having none of it and within minutes a fresh one arrives and a pint of lager on the house, great customer service but this was over and above what I expected hence the reason our young waiting lady was given a substantial tip. I would recommend this bar/ restaurant to everyone, the food is good, not Michelin star but good wholesome food, the atmosphere was relaxed, the people were fantastic and yes we will go back but this time leave the head banging bar for another day

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Millsy52

Derby, United Kingdom
“Good food, friendly, efficient and helpful staff.”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Had a meal here whilst on holiday in Dulverton. The food was hot, tasty and good value and the waitress helpful, efficient and friendly. The only negative point was that dogs were allowed to sit under diners' tables and obviously barked when other dogs came in, spoiled our enjoyment a little. Apart from that we would definitely eat here again and I would certainly recommend the food.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank GrannyChocolate
Tiverton, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Food!”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We ate here as a family and the service was wonderful! Our very friendly young waitress was incredibly polite and the food we ordered was delicious. The price was fair, and we left feeling incredibly satisfied. I would definitely recommend this lovely pub.

• Visited March 2014
Shaldon, United Kingdom
“nice comfortable hotel”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Good breakfast and good ambience for walkers and families. Rooms spacious but rather old fashioned. Very good base for walks on Exmoor.

Visited February 2014
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Horrific”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I returned to Dulverton for the Starlight Festival last weekend with my family and popped in to the hotel for a drink later in the evening, whilst we were there we saw a vicious horrific violent attack on a young man at the Lion Hotel. I will never return to that place ever again. I just hope that the young man is ok although he didn't look it when we left. Awful just awful.