“Excellent, unusual food.”

The Exmoor Beastro
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Very tasty food in a relaxed setting. I had the fried chicken which was super tasty and my husband had the ribs which were also excellent. Lovely passionate owners who source locally and in season creating a varied menu.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Booked a table here on a local recommendation and was not disappointed. The atmosphere is laid back and the food amazing. The husband and wife owners clearly have a passion for the food they produce and managed to make time to discuss their passion with us. We were talked through the menu by Alex who explained where all the diverse dishes/ingredients originated from and then left to make our decisions. There were 11 of us eating and not one was disappointed in any way. I had a Chorizo dish which burst with flavour and made me cut smaller and smaller pieces as I went along as I did not want it to finish! Do not expect lots of fancy fancy here as it is not that kind of place, plates don't match and you keep your cutlery from the first course (the way it should be if you ask me). For me this all adds to the atmosphere of the place and I would say that it was one of the best dining experiences I have had in a long long time. A thing to mention is that much of the food is prepared in a wood burner in the back court - which again Alex was more than happy to show us and chat about. Give this place a go, it's how food should be prepared and eaten - yum yum! Oh aye - and give the Black Cow vodka a go as well :)

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Whilst staying with friends in Dulverton they took us to the Exmoor Beasto. We were told it would be an informal evening but to expect a 5 star eating experience. Alex and Fiona, the owners, didnt disappoint. This very cool venue served up food that looked like works of art and tasted amazing. Nothing was too much trouble and Alex's descriptions of the foods he wants to cook for you leaves you in no doubt about his passion for food. An amazing gormet experience cant wait to go back.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Great new food ideas,a change from the norm, it's just got to be done. The food , the wine, the beer. We arrived late lunchtime on Friday , had a new experience in dinning. In all we ate four times, it was wonderful ,and we would have gone more but we had to spread out to some of the other good food available on exmoor. Not to mention that they were mostly fully booked. Even when they were they manged to squeeze us in .when we first arrived we were made to feel like long lost friends, when we left we felt like family.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Took our friends out for an entertaining evening and dinner. Very hospitable owners who are obviously keen to impress and achieved success with some good food and banter. Couple of potential improvements include having a moveable board for the specials, as there was an itinerant crowd of other diners who were brought round to see the board, which cramped our table and conversation somewhat. Also suggest there is a clear indication that they have no credit card payment facility, so was with slight embarrassment I had to go around the corner to the cashpoint to withdraw enough of the readies to pay for our meals - good but by no means cheap.

1  Thank JRMaddog