“excellent food and wines”
Review of The Exmoor Beastro - CLOSED

The Exmoor Beastro
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Hampshire, United Kingdom
“excellent food and wines”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The food in this delightful bistro well lives up to the enthusiastic descriptions offered by its proprietor/chef who immediately makes you feel at home. An unusual and tempting menu of dishes all cooked to order and served without delay. Complimented by a small selection of delicious deserts and a connoisseur's selection of old world wines, this bistro was a wonderful find in the lovely Exmoor town.

Taunton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So different”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We have just had the most amazing meal. The food was so different from the usual run of the mill and a real taste explosion in the most fabulous way. Alex talked us through the menu and we were impressed by his knowledge of the provenance of his ingredients and commitment to local suppliers. Alex also explained why he sources some things from further afield ( Spain and France) simply because they are the best!
He, kindly, went up to get his daughter's high chair for our grandson. He, incidentally, loved the spare ribs and the chicken.
We shall be recommending the Exmoor Beastro to all of our friends and will be going back, (soon I hope!)

“Excellent, unusual food.”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Very tasty food in a relaxed setting. I had the fried chicken which was super tasty and my husband had the ribs which were also excellent. Lovely passionate owners who source locally and in season creating a varied menu.

east kilbride
“Great laid back atmosphere with excellent food”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Booked a table here on a local recommendation and was not disappointed. The atmosphere is laid back and the food amazing. The husband and wife owners clearly have a passion for the food they produce and managed to make time to discuss their passion with us. We were talked through the menu by Alex who explained where all the diverse dishes/ingredients originated from and then left to make our decisions. There were 11 of us eating and not one was disappointed in any way. I had a Chorizo dish which burst with flavour and made me cut smaller and smaller pieces as I went along as I did not want it to finish! Do not expect lots of fancy fancy here as it is not that kind of place, plates don't match and you keep your cutlery from the first course (the way it should be if you ask me). For me this all adds to the atmosphere of the place and I would say that it was one of the best dining experiences I have had in a long long time. A thing to mention is that much of the food is prepared in a wood burner in the back court - which again Alex was more than happy to show us and chat about. Give this place a go, it's how food should be prepared and eaten - yum yum! Oh aye - and give the Black Cow vodka a go as well :)

• Visited July 2014
“5 Star Food without the Formality”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Whilst staying with friends in Dulverton they took us to the Exmoor Beasto. We were told it would be an informal evening but to expect a 5 star eating experience. Alex and Fiona, the owners, didnt disappoint. This very cool venue served up food that looked like works of art and tasted amazing. Nothing was too much trouble and Alex's descriptions of the foods he wants to cook for you leaves you in no doubt about his passion for food. An amazing gormet experience cant wait to go back.

• Visited July 2014