“Wonderful pensioner lunches”

The Bell Inn Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Evercreech
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Evercreech, somerset, United Kingdom
“Wonderful pensioner lunches”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We visit the Bell Inn regularly. It has a great atmosphere with lovely staff. The food is inexpensive, plenty of it. and wholesome. Thursdays,pensioners can have a 2 meals for £8.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Cherry L

Warrington, Cheshire.
“Excellent food in a traditional village pub whilst enjoying a great atmosphere.”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Not our first visit, just one of the best ever !! We have family that live in Evercreech, and there is never any discussion about where we are going to eat !!
The Menu covers most tastes, and the food provided is always hot, tasty and well-presented. Except that is when you take Sunday lunch and serve yourself !! Then, it is 'pile it high' as it is so tasty !!
Off-menu items are no problem (I have a grandchild with a penchant for a bowl of custard, ..... yes, just custard), with little expense.
The Bar & Restaurant staff are always ready for banter (North / South divide, what divide ??), and give as good as they get. Chef Abby oversees service with a permanent grin for the customers, and a growl for any lazy sous chefs !! The waiters / waitresses all have a friendly and welcoming disposition (even for me !!).
It is also good to see a place for the family pets, with no ban on the grounds of 'Health & Safety, mate'. Its a country pub, dogs are welcomed.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Bobster2429
Somerton, United Kingdom
“Quick supper before Calendar Girls!”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

6 of us popped in to get a good wholesome supper before setting off to watch a mate in the local Am Dram Calendar Girls - food was very good, atmosphere was warm and inviting, warm and friendly.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank SandyDavies
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Chill out midweek break”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Everything!!!! Especially the food and atsmosphere,the pleasant helpful staff ,the good clean room and the family oriented pub.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank ray e
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“WOW !”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We always stay at The Bell when visiting my Aunt who lives in the village. Its welcoming, clean and has a good atmosphere. The bonus for us is that it also takes our dog and is only a 2 minute walk from fields to give her a run first and last thing. Its typical pub accommodation room wise, no complaints but nothing to write home about, but where it scores over most other places is in the restaurant. There are two chefs and on our last occasion Steve was the chef on duty. Neither my husband or I can praise this man enough. His food is worthy of a 5 star restaurant anywhere. Our hotel stays/holidays are based on the food we have had and I can honestly say after our meal my husband said it was the best rib eye steak he had ever eaten (and believe me he has eaten a few of them). I wanted the salmon and prawn salad but unfortunately they had run out which turned out lucky for me as I then ordered the Chicken & Bacon salad instead - perfection is not a word I bandy about much but this was a near as possible to get (and just for a salad!) - I did not want to finish my meal it was that good. Its not necessary to book a table to eat there but advisable, particularly after this report !
Thank you again Steve for a great meal - will be back soon.

• Visited July 2013