“Nice beer but shabby pub”
Review of Blue Boar Inn

Blue Boar Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Frome
Blue Boar Inn
Ranked #26 of 32 Frome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 February 2012

We popped into the Blue Boar for a drink to get out of the snow. We enjoyed a nice pint of local ale however our experience was let down by loud garish locals and the barmaid talking and flirting at the tops of their voices. We left after one drink.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 December 2011

I should have realised something was wrong when I mentioned in my act ( I'm a standup comic ) that I was staying at the Blue Boar ( the bIggest laugh of the night )
I'm wary of slating hotels, inns etc for the sake of it, but this was an absolute Hell hole
Admittedly, I booked late, but nothing prepared me for the dump I had to endure. £40 (without breakfast ) gave me a room 200 hundred yards from the "inn", across two badly paved car parks and alley ways, it wasn't en suite, the key wouldn't lock my door so it was left open all evening.
You know I've always sympathised with my Eastern European comrades and the accomadation they endure when they come to the UK to work. I never thought I'd have to empathise with them too.

The bedroom was dank with pillows like gossamer. The room was cleanish and devoid of any decoration or warmth. I asked if the heating could be switched on, it wasn't.

Just avoid the place, if your Yell. Com or Booking.com throws up a Premier Inn and it's a few quid more, pay it, it's got to be better than staying at The Blue Boar.
Lazy lazy Landlord taking our money and lying to us about what they can offer. A fre more years of Trip Advisor will get rid of them all.
People, stop complaining about trivial stuff, OK your bacon wasn't so well done etc, let's get rid of the real charlatans in this business
Mark Rough, Comedian

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank Markrough
Reviewed 21 June 2010

Stayed in the annex. Lovely rooms with great service. A stay I will always remember!! Cozy!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank D0ntmatter
Reviewed 24 February 2010

Stayed here after seeing some live music nearby. Was given a room in a nearby building which was obviously an old office block which seemed to be currently used as a storage facility for frozen food two YEARS past it's sell by date ! What a dump! Broken window provide only ventilation as windows are painted shut ! There are no mirrors except for a small one in the SHARED toilet. Coffee/tea provided in filthy unmatched mugs although there is no water supply except once again from the SHARED toilet. Double room had twin beds ! Walls had major rot around skirting boards covered up by old mattress and room had been used to store all sorts of junk ! Everything was grimy and quite revolting, just glad it wasn't a romantic weekend.
Redeeming feature are ........well sorry i can't think of any ..this is a pigsty and should NEVER be rented out as human accomodation ! The owners should hang their heads in shame !

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2008

Stayed for one night in the Blue Boar, rooms re-furbished, clean and spacious with tea/coffee making facilities. Only thing missing was soap! I don't expect toiletries but soap would be nice.
Breakfast excellent. Friendly service, very good basic food. Served in the bar (this is a pub, after all) which would have been awful before the smoking ban. Would recommend for overnight stay, good value for money.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends