“Not the Ritz but quite adequate in the annex” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Boar Inn

Blue Boar Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Frome
Blue Boar Inn
Ranked #30 of 32 Frome B&B and Inns
Memphis, Tennessee
“Not the Ritz but quite adequate in the annex”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed in the annex again in July during the Pigeye Jackson 2013 UK Post and Pre re-rehab tour which I manage. To get away from Pigeye for all of the day is a great relief, but the annex is ideal since it's off the High Street yet a block away for easy access. It's relatively quiet and very roomy. To walk from the most gratifying pub in England after Pigeye the Horrible's karaoke performances to a quiet room with a bath en suite and plenty of room is ideal. Sue runs a superb pub with all of the excellent staff (Paul is an expert on American baseball!) and wonderful locals (many who sing so well) including the great karaoke comperes, Marion and Rob. Excellent. While the mattress in my room was a bit old but I find this to be true in many hotels and b and b's in England. Other than that, it was more than adequate for the price. It's so difficult to find quieter sleep even in rural parts of England these days and the annex does so well, especially for someone like me who has sleep difficulties anyway (especially having to put up with Pigeye). I dare anyone to find a better location and service for the price near Frome. If Pigeye survives another rehab and returns, I'll stay at the Blue Boar again. If you're not staying there, for any reason, at least do go to the pub. Great people, staff and karaoke.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

well what can i say.
The pub looked very nice apart from the locals around the bar so tightly packed you could not get a drink.

The rooms in the out house , thats funny the rooms in the out house were just like a toilet. Even rats would not live in these rooms.

lets start with my room:-
Dirty Cups
Telle that will not work
Bed that was falling to bits
Toilet seat that was falling off

One of my friends room:-
As above but these extra
no bulb in light
bath was 2" 6in long

second friend:-
the same as mine

Breakfast:-
not very good

Will never stay here again.

God help any one that thinks of staying here .DON'T DO IT

Room Tip: "Do not stay here"
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank mike s

Travellers are raving about these Frome hotels

Watford, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

Much too long to write everything, but please take my word for it. The worst place I have ever stayed. DO NOT under any circumstances go and stay there. £80 a room, they should have paid us to stay there. Stayed in the out houses at the back of the pub rooms 6 and 7, fortunately, only for 1 night. Absolutely filthy, old, shabby and dirty from the minute we walked in the door. Damp on ceilings, cracks in walls, dust and dirt everywhere. Towels were worn and ripped, would be OK to use for your pets, but not for humans. Couldnt even use the bathroom cos it was too gross. Had to clean the mirror before we could see our selves in in. Mattress terrible, were only good for the dump. No website for this dump, probably cos if anyone saw it, they'd be sure not to visit. The only good thing was breakfast the next morning. I would not recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Anna R
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

visited the blue boar during a short break in frome visiting nearby attractions. pleasant staff,extremely friendly, good beer good service but let down by shabby interior and badly kept outside drinking area.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lynnec1961
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

We popped into the Blue Boar for a drink to get out of the snow. We enjoyed a nice pint of local ale however our experience was let down by loud garish locals and the barmaid talking and flirting at the tops of their voices. We left after one drink.

Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2011

I should have realised something was wrong when I mentioned in my act ( I'm a standup comic ) that I was staying at the Blue Boar ( the bIggest laugh of the night )
I'm wary of slating hotels, inns etc for the sake of it, but this was an absolute Hell hole
Admittedly, I booked late, but nothing prepared me for the dump I had to endure. £40 (without breakfast ) gave me a room 200 hundred yards from the "inn", across two badly paved car parks and alley ways, it wasn't en suite, the key wouldn't lock my door so it was left open all evening.
You know I've always sympathised with my Eastern European comrades and the accomadation they endure when they come to the UK to work. I never thought I'd have to empathise with them too.

The bedroom was dank with pillows like gossamer. The room was cleanish and devoid of any decoration or warmth. I asked if the heating could be switched on, it wasn't.

Just avoid the place, if your Yell. Com or Booking.com throws up a Premier Inn and it's a few quid more, pay it, it's got to be better than staying at The Blue Boar.
Lazy lazy Landlord taking our money and lying to us about what they can offer. A fre more years of Trip Advisor will get rid of them all.
People, stop complaining about trivial stuff, OK your bacon wasn't so well done etc, let's get rid of the real charlatans in this business
Mark Rough, Comedian

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank Markrough
Surrey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2010

Stayed in the annex. Lovely rooms with great service. A stay I will always remember!! Cozy!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple