The Cornerhouse
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$112
Travelodge
US$98
US$81
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Centurion Hotel(Midsomer Norton)(Great Value!)
US$145
Agoda.com
The Woolpack Inn(Beckington)
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
Homewood Park Hotel & Spa(Hinton Charterhouse)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscorner houseann mariegood sizelovely spacious roomwander aroundcar parking at the rearbreakfast sandwichthe pubwell stocked barlarge showerfriendly place to staygreeted by friendly staffmonday nightfamily roomtwo singlesfull englishtown centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Brilliant little place, clean bedrooms, the bathroom was very clean, friendly welcoming staff, lovely breakfasts, such a shame about the noise levels, its located above a pub so if u like sleeping before 2am then its not the place for you. Apart from that excellent place.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Very well done up! Work had booked me into this hotel for 1 night and had only put me in a single but as the hotel was not full I was upgraded to a double free :) I was greeted very warmly by a man I believed to be the owner and a younger lad behind the bar! After which I was shown to my room! The hall was under decoration at the time so Walls were a little odd with dots of filler but this had no affect on my stay!! Room was amazing very large room with a large on suite! Tea and coffee and tv in the room! Free wifi also! With the first wifi I tried I went to the bar and asked and they connected me up to another! Extremely helpful! Didn't have dinner as they don't serve food on a Monday night but kindly pointed me in the direction of a number of restaurants in the area. Not sure what was paid for the room but I would happily pay £80 for it!! The bar below had no affect on my stay and they even had a quiz running that night!
Breakfast I had a fresh full English but there is now a vegetarian option nit that it affects me! Choice of juice and continental food so very happy
Staff were extremely friendly

Room Tip: Don't be scared to ask about the wifi as the admit sometimes one can be temperamental but the will sort it!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We had a very friendly and helpful welcome, our room was comfy - number 2 on the top floor, but there were too many niggles to be a place I'd want to go back to: there was no heating working in the bathroom on a cold January night, which wasn't fixed despite our asking. The basin plug didn't work, the shower was not great with a slightly grubby curtain etc etc... The staff were helpful, bringing drinks up to the room, but breakfast was basic, watery coffee (bad after a night out!) and very slow to arrive - it felt as if they had never done it before when all the guests seemed to turn up for theirs in the space of half an hour! Overall it was OK but not worth £100 for a night I felt.

Room Tip: Top floor was quiet but bathroom tired
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I stayed at the Cornerhouse for two nights on business. Being self-employed and on a tight self imposed expenses budget I booked a single room and this was inexpensive for bed and breakfast. I arrived late in the evening and was greeted very warmly and shown to my room which was clean, fresh and comfortable with a great bathroom with a very large shower. Breakfast was great with plenty of choice all the way to full English and excellent rapid service.
I ate at the hotel in the evening - it is also an Inn and restaurant. I first of all did some work in the bar and tried some of the "home made nibbles" - cockle popcorn and chilli jam - which was absolutely delicious and some Lamb Gold, a light ale brewed especially for the Inn and it was equally delicious. My meal was superb. I ate sea bream with scallops and a black pudding sauce and it was wonderful. Very reasonable too. The restaurant was not busy but there was a good atmosphere as the bar filled and the sounds filtered through.
Unfortunately that night, there was a violent fracas outside my room that lasted about an hour and disturbed my sleep in the early hours. I did nothing about it and made no complaint the next morning becasue I was a bit ashamed that I hadn't tackled the thug outside my door. I did mention it in the hotel's own review web page however and the general manager insisted on refunding my night's accomodation costs. Brilliant!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Great place, great people, great beers, and a great breakfast!

WiFi hit and miss though, despite the booster the landlord was so proud of!

Recommended