“Welcoming and good value”
Review of Sun Inn

Sun Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Frome
Sun Inn
Ranked #32 of 32 Frome B&B and Inns
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Welcoming and good value”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We needed an overnight stop in Frome, and this worked out very well. The room was charming, attractive and clean, and there was no disturbance from staying at a pub. We were made very welcome, and the room rates for B&B are reasonable. It's in a very quiet street and area of this attractive old town. Certainly recommended, and would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jon61049

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2013

stayed here overnight whilst on a cycling holiday. Staff very friendly and helpful. Happy to store our bikes. Pub is a traditional with variety of beers. The room was lovely with good size shower en suite. Hearty english breakfast in the morning served by friendly staff. Good value for money as this was the cheapest b and b we could find but facilities were good.

Room Tip: We had room 1
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dunstable, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2012

down in somerset on a diving trip to vobster quay so booked an overnight stay in frome. foumd the sun inn a top notch traditional pub with a great selection of local cider & beer. our room was clean & spacious & the morning breakfast very good. many thanks to the staff & friendly locals

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Reading, UK
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I was hesitant to book at the Sun Inn having read some of the reviews on here, but I am very glad I did. The location was fantastic in central Frome and we were given a key to the main door to let ourselves in late at night - very secure. The room was well laid out with two single beds. I don't know where people are getting off complaining about the carpet as ours was fine. The fixtures and fittings were all fine, as was the bedding which again I have no idea why someone complained about. This is a "standard" B&B for a very nice price, and as someone else pointed out you are not going to get a 5* Kensington Boutique room for £65!!! We did not have breakfast due to sleeping in, but the smell that filled the place was divine. We went and asked for coffee and juice much after breakfast finished and were given our own pot of freshly brewed coffee which was a nice touch. It is true that there will be noise from the pub below, but this is clear from the start. This is a nice B&B for a base if visiting Frome or the surrounding area. As someone else pointed out you would not come here for a honeymoon, but as a nice clean inexpensive room for the night the Sun Inn was perfect!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank smartio
Harlow
Reviewed 25 June 2012

we really enjoyed our stay at the Sun Inn. The staff are welcoming and friendly and we had the nicest breakfast ever - absolutely gorgeous. I had been very worried about some of the reviews I read on tripadvisor, but either things have changed a great deal or someone is expecting a 5 star hotel. My daughter and I had a single room each and shared the common bathroom - only £35 each room which is a real bargain considering the size of the rooms and the comfort of the beds. Plenty of TV channels (freesat or similar), the beds were really comfortable and the rooms were all clean. There is some late night noise, but only to be expected as it is an inn above a lively pub and this was Friday night. There is no parking available, but I naturally didnt expect this given the price so I checked when I made my booking. There is parking in residents area a 5 minute walk away. Good luck to the owners, we would definately recommend and return if we are in the area.

Room Tip: Be aware that this is an inn so there may be some late night noise on Friday or Saturday night, but...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank julietdawn
Reviewed 27 March 2012

After spending best part 40 minutes parking and then having to walk back with our cases we walk in to a dark and dirty looking bar, there was a little boy running around and going behind the bar that almost knocked us over. After standing for what seem to be forever a women walked over and said have you booked we are busy in the most off putting way, I told her we had a en suit room for a night booked, she showed us to our room. As we followed we had to go up some stairs the carpets was so dirty and there was a horrible smell. On entering the room we found the room was no better than the stairs the bedding looked worn and dirty and there was a horrible smell of drains and smoke in the room that was ment to be a non smoking room but apart from that we found the en suit was down the corridor not even in the room( first en suite I have seen like this). When using the en suite later I found there was a over powering smell of drains and the loo was dirty and the shower would not drain away due to all the hair in the plug . I have never stayed some where as bad as this, to make matters worse you are woken up at 6.15 by I think the same little boy in the bar on arivel running about on a noise floor above not that we got much sleep due to the noise from the bar and the fact how dirty and stained the sheets on the bed are. The breakfast the next morning was ok but cold along with the tea. After leaving we both said never again , so if your looking for some where to stay in frome don't stay at the sun inn I would rather stay in the car!!

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank John6748

Travellers are raving about these Frome hotels

Reviewed 2 January 2012

Not sure why everyone has such a bad opinion on this place, I have stayed here a couple of times now and have always found the staff pleasant and helpful. Seems to me that people reviewing on here seem to expect the ritz hotel rather than a b & b and they are way too harsh! The rooms are a good standard, breakfast is nice and filling and the location is good. To me it is exactly what I would expect for a b & b and I would recommend it to anyone

• Stayed December 2011