“Friendly, great value - highly recommended!”
Review of Taumata B&B

Taumata B&B
Taumata B&B
Ranked #8 of 32 Frome B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I visited this B&B with a friend after a day of diving in a nearby quarry. From the moment we stepped through the door we were made to feel very welcome by the owner. The house itself is beautifully decorated, very nice and warm (it was very cold and miserable outside) and contained lots of smiling faces! We were even able to hang our wet diving gear in the garage.

The room was very clean, the beds comfortable, shower warm and the WIFI free and fast. Not much more we could have asked for, really. Also, apart from a (very) brief period thanks to the neighbours, it was extremely quiet and peaceful and we had a very restful sleep. The following morning we received a huge breakfast (and my friend received a bespoke vegetarian breakfast, complete with all the trimmings) - very tasty.

And to top it all off, the pub next door serves incredible food and we received a 5% discount as guests of the B&B.

All round a fantastic experience and I shall be recommending this place to all I know!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
NeilLanning, Guest Relations Manager at Taumata B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and thanks for taking the time on Trip Advisor. Our neighbours are lovely, but mum and dad were away and the eldest had a party to celebrate getting a job after graduating. They were very apologetic the following morning, and I also thank you for your tolerance for the short time during the evening the their celebrations went on outside (not normal).

We look forward to seeing you next time you dive at Vobster.

Best regards

Neil & Denise

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Taumata is a lovely little gem and incredibly good value (I couldn't have had a better breakfast anywhere else!). Neil and Denise are lovely hosts who made me feel welcome and at home from the moment I arrived! They are genuinely friendly and Neil even made sure to pick me up from my dinner so I could have an extra glass of wine and wouldn't have to drive!
Thanks a million, I will always come back when in the area!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
NeilLanning, Guest Relations Manager at Taumata B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

The room & house is lovely and warm (a priority for me). My room was clean and comfortable and, although I didn't need it this time, there is a refreshingly good amount of space for hanging clothes etc., so 2 people for longer would be equally comfortable. The bed was comfortable firm but not too hard as many are. The en-suite was small but more than adequate and shower easy to use and hot!
Mine hosts, Neil and Denise, were friendly and very helpful, nothing too much trouble. Little touches like fresh milk & iced drinking water placed in the room make a difference.
Breakfast was superb, tasty eggs from their own hens and local produce, plenty of it too, not to mention choice of cereals, yoghurt, fresh fruit... all served with a smile.
I took advantage of the evening Lite Bites and packed lunches also offered and perfect for my requirements.
I thoroughly recommend Taumata, couldn't fault it, and it would make a perfect base for visiting Bradford - on - Avon, Trowbride, Frome, Bath etc all easy distance away. I was doing a course nearby and will certainly use them again. Excellent value. Thank you Neil and Denise :-)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
NeilLanning, Guest Relations Manager at Taumata B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with other travellers and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay. You are most welcome to visit any time you are in the area.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We chose this B and B based on the reviews. It is situated in the countryside and because of this we experienced a lot of flies in the room, they kept getting in somehow even with the windows shut. The room we feel was only average. There was an adjoining door in our en-suite to another bedroom and we could clearly hear another couple through it. The electric sockets consisted of an extension lead fed through the wall from an adjoining room. The bathroom light above the sink cut out after 15 mins as it got too hot so not too good if you are applying make-up.
On the plus side the breakfast was lovely and it was nicely situated for visiting Frome.
We didn`t get time to play one of the 42 board games in our room either!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Squeaker13
NeilLanning, Guest Relations Manager at Taumata B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write the review. We are obviously disappointed and somewhat surprised by your comments based on other guest’s reviews, and that you never raised any of these points with us at the time of your stay.

On the day you stayed with us there were a lot of flies. We are not sure why, and this is not normal. I can only guess that it was due to the weather changes.

With respect to the room, there is an adjoining door in the ensuite bathroom which leads into my office, and remains locked, and therefore the voices you heard was either me on the telephone or Denise talking to me, either way this would have been for a short time between 5 - 6pm, certainly no later and you were out all evening. Had you let us know that you wanted silence when you arrived, we would have postponed the activity in the office.

With respect to the electric supply there are 2 sockets by the dressing table. The extension lead has been put in to help guests to charge mobile phones / laptops etc. Following your feedback we will look at adding additional sockets built into the wall as opposed to an extension lead (which is an airing cupboard).

Again following your feedback, an electrician has been booked to look at the light in the bathroom above the sink. We test the light on a regular basis, but obviously not for 15 minutes. We will arrange for an additional light to be installed above the dressing table mirror to assist with the application of make-up.

There are board games in the room, but again these could have been removed had you requested. We hadn’t ever had complaints about this before as there is a double wardrobe, and ample other drawers that guests can use.

Thanks for the positive feedback on the breakfast.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Thanks Neil and Denise for the warm welcome, lovely room and delicious breakfast, with lots of options for anyone with special diets. Nothing was too much trouble. Also for the little value added extras, including a great run route.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
NeilLanning, Guest Relations Manager at Taumata B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience, and glad you enjoyed your stay. Best regards, Neil & Denise

Reviewed 25 June 2013

We run a small dive school in Essex and travel to Vobster Quay in Somerset to do our Open Water Dives ... I always book at Taumata for our Staff to stay as we can ensure a very clean comfortable room with an excellent breakfast before a busy days diving ... it is also very close to a local Pub 'The Bell' which offers a good hearty meal ...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
NeilLanning, Guest Relations Manager at Taumata B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Thanks do much for sharing your views here Debby, and your continued business. We hope to see you again soon - Neil

Reviewed 24 May 2013

My wife and I were traveling from Bath to Southampton and wanted a place to stay after leaving Bath. The Taumata had a good rating and reasonable price so we called and a room was available. We were very lucky to find this B&B.

The B&B is easy to find using GPS by entering the postal code. There is a pub just on the corner of their street in this rural area.

Parking is available within their property right at the front of the house.

The hosts, Neil and Denise, made us feel very much at home. Upon arrival, Neil greeted us and helped get our luggage to our room. The room was spacious, clean, well appointed. (We have room T I believe.) The ensuite bathroom was small but very adequate. Plenty of soap and shampoo available.

We arrived around 6:30 PM and had not had dinner. Neil recommended the pub at the corner and asked if we wanted him to book a reservation for us. He did and we had a table waiting for us at 7:00 PM. (Restaurant was very busy and the food was excellent.)

I had some problems connecting to the WIFI but I believe this was my problem and not something inhouse. Actually, in the morning I tried again and all was OK. Neil and I worked on it in the evening for about 15 minutes but with no luck. Again, this was my problem not something on the B&B side.

Breakfast was prepared based on our order the evening before. A full English breakfast is available along with fruit and juice and more.

Overall an excellent experience. Highly recommended.

One more thing, the views out the window are great.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
NeilLanning, Guest Relations Manager at Taumata B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Thank you very much for your comprehensive review, which I am sure other Trip Advisor users will find useful. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope you had a safe journey home.