“Perfect evening with friends”

Restaurant at the Grange
Ranked #36 of 96 Restaurants in Frome
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bath, United Kingdom
“Perfect evening with friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

Table of 6 thoroughly enjoyed the evening. Food was delicious and all freshly prepared in the open kitchen. Very attentive and friendly service from the two waitresses. Pre dinner drinks in The Snug which was also the perfect place to relax with a coffee post dinner. Would highly recommend.

• Visited August 2014

London, United Kingdom
“What. Has. Happened.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We've been to the Grange a lot since it opened - I would estimate about 10-15 times over the course of 5 years. But long are the days of good service - they now clearly employ an embarrassingly underage child to wait. I have always remembered excellent service at the Grange - Milo, James, Becky's names I still remember today. It seems pretty apparent that they, and all the kitchen staff, have left. Don't wish to speculate why..

Truly awfully cooked meal, even worse service. Our favourite restaurant for years and now I wouldn't touch it with even a doubly-long barge pole.

• Visited June 2014
5 Thank John B
Frome, United Kingdom
“Lovely food,cheerful service but.......”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

The Grange is a beautiful building in lovely surroundings and as you walk into the restaurant and look into the kitchen it is all good. The dining area for me lacks a bit of atmosphere but the food was very,very good and that after all is the main reason for visiting a restaurant. Well presented food,plenty of it and we had 6 different courses between us and they were all fantastic.
I have marked my experience as a four only because of the service which whilst the girls were lovely and friendly I did have to keep asking for stuff,my wine and water and whilst I do feel slightly mean had they been just a bit quicker the whole experience would have been excellent.
Still very good though!

Visited August 2014
UK
“Disappointing service from a previously good restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We have been to The Grange several times over the last couple of years. Sadly, standards seem to have slipped. We really do hope this improves, as we do like this restaurant. Our most recent visit (Father's Day - Sunday 15 June) was disappointing. Notably the service (which has always been a little slow) but the food needs bucking up too. I fear they've become complacent. First of all, trying to contact The Grange by phone is a challenge. They're not great at returning phone messages enquiring about reservations, leaving the customer-to-be to chase them up. This seemed to set the tone for our dining experience on the day. On our arrival the staff were helpful - we had booked inside for lunch, but as the sun had appeared and the weather seemed fine, we asked about sitting outside under the marquee awning. Not a problem, so far so good. This is when things seemed to slide downhill. We were then forgotten about, and no-one came out to take our drinks order. After some time I finally went in and chased down a waiter to take our drinks and food orders (may as well kill two birds with one stone). My roast beef was fine, but I've had better ones at The Grange (incidentally, to give an idea of experience, we have been for Sunday lunches and Saturday dinners). My wife's pizza was fine, but bore no close resemblance to what she had ordered, and on checking the menu we couldn't see anything similar to it there. Perhaps the kitchen had free-styled due to a lack of ingredients? In summary: the food was average and the waiting staff were well-meaning but seemed inexperienced. Overall, it wasn't bad - but it wasn't great either. Disappointing, because we expect more from The Grange.

• Visited June 2014
Frome, United Kingdom
“A great all round experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We've been here a couple of times...for Mother's Day, with family (in-laws and children) and more recently, with a group of friends.
They couldn't have done enough for us, on both occasions. We had children and they had a ball, eating with adults and playing in a lovely grassed area - all very safe, while the adults enjoyed the lovely food. I had lamb for main and squid for starter. Our friends have a very allergic son and they were highly impressed with the choice of sorbets for dessert (and the ice cream choices were also great). The staff were attentive and efficient.
If you are looking for an occasion restaurant, near Frome, this is a must - especially if you have children - lovely food and surroundings - also a private room which is great for a special event.

• Visited July 2014