“Love this place” 5 of 5 bubbles

THE SETTLE
Ranked #15 of 95 Restaurants in Frome
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I often go here for lunch and I love it here!! The food is amazing, I have never had a bad meal and the service is excellent. I took a friend here who has never been and she loved it.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jessica P

“Absolutely devine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

I booked this as a surprise for my girlfriend in February after dining here many years ago. It was a set menu as it was the day after Valentines Day, but I was sure I wouldn't be disappointed. I won't list all the courses here but the standard of food is extremely high and the staff polite. My girlfriend commented that she has eaten in a lot of good restaurants over the years and described it as probably the best food she's ever eaten. I'll second this, we plan to visit again next very soon to taste more of this great chefs culinary delights!

Wholeheartedly recommended.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Southampton, United Kingdom
“I wish there were more places like this.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

We wandered in feeling thirsty!! We had a cream scone and tea for two, just lovely, real,hot, tasty tea and a delicious scone. Just what we needed, all served by a friendly, smiling waitress. We went back the following day to try one of their many delicious looking cakes and once again were not dissapointed. They serve meals as well but we were not in Frome long enough to enjoy one of them. Should you be in Frome for any reason, give this place a visit, it is well worth it.

• Visited March 2014
“Hidden Gem in Frome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

i invited my friends from Bath to have lunch with us 2 weeks ago (14th jan 2014 ) . Well, we all had different dishes and each dish was beautifully cooked and presented. The puds were exceptional. A true culinary experience. We all agreed this was one of the nicest meals we had ever had ,and what a bargain price. The staff were attentive without being pushy. Would thoughorily recommend this restuarant which is in a beautiful ancient street. Having eaten in all the restuarants in Frome ,this was head and shoulders above the rest.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Warfield56
Somerset
“Wish I could give it 6 stars!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Having lived in Frome for well over 4 years I must have walked past this place many times. however last night we were looking for somewhere to eat before attending an event in the town. We tried other places, whose staff either couldn't be bothered to take any notice of us or were simply not serving food (at 5 p.m. on a Friday), the Settle advertises that they are open Friday and Saturday evenings, we expected that we would be able to get coffee and cakes, but no, they were serving meals. We got a warm welcome and a smile from the young lady at the back of the counter and were advised "just sit anywhere" As we entered diners at 2 other tables were leaving and almost before we had decided on where to sit those tables were cleared and re-set, this gives an idea of the attentiveness of the staff, so many times these days tables are left with dirty dishes for several minutes, or longer.
We sat at a table just across from the lovely roaring (gas) fire. The waitress left us for a few minutes to peruse the extensive menu.
I chose Ham, Egg and chips, my partner had a Mushroom Omelette and asked for a side order of chips.When the meals arrived it was obvious that quantity and quality go hand in hand in this place. My partners omelette was huge, she managed to eat the omelette and salad, but had to leave half the largish bowl of chips!! My Ham came with a double yolked egg and a large portion of chips. Service here was quick, even though the place was busy, the waitresses were polite, the place itself is quaint, a slight downside is that the toilets are upstairs. Another review mentioned that this place was a little on the expensive side - I disagree! The bill for 2 of us, including a diet coke and a pot of tea for one came to just over £20. I have nothing but prise for this place and now I've visited once, I will definitely return!

• Visited November 2013