“We will be back!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 32 Frome B&B and Inns
Deal, United Kingdom
“We will be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

We stayed at the Lighthouse for 2 nights at the beginning of September and the service, staff, food and comfort was 5*
The room was very clean, smelt lovely and homely and was a very generous size!
The food was brilliant, a great choice.
We took our 2 year old little girl who loved the pool, gardens and made very good friends with the staff.
We will be back! and Thank you!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Exeter, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

I had checked that this would be suitable for my wheelchair bound husband. It was ok to get into the room tho rather cramped and the shower was totally unsuitable for him and my 90 year old mother who was accompanying us as the step into the shower and lack of grabrails made it impossible for them to shower. The ventilation in the bedrooms was very poor and resulted in us all sleeping fitfully and needing to leave the bedroom doors open tho this helped only minimally.The steps up to the sitting area had no rails so were difficult/dangerous to negotiate. The only way to wheel my husband from the bedroom to the cafe was outside along a very bumpy and stony path, and open to the rain. The breakfast of scrambled eggs were the worst we had ever had - like rubber. The staff however, were very pleasant.

Room Tip: room clean but basic and spartan; very poor ventilation
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
15 Thank Angela C
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

We stayed just one night as we were visiting Longleat and it was lovely - would love to come back and take advantage of more of the facilities here. We chose it because it was gluten/dairy free - a treat to be able to have anything at all to eat for breakfast and to be able choose anything on the menu was bliss. Two of us have dairy/gluten problems, but two don't and they did fine with what was on offer. I need to come back just to try the other breakfast options! We stayed in 'The Cottage' with our children which is a self-catering option with a kitchen shared between the three rooms there. Might have been more awkward had the third room in the place been booked that night - as it was we had it to ourselves - one room a good size, one quite small. Lots of bathrooms, huge shower in the shower room, kitchen beautifully equipped, lots of attention to detail (towels, soaps etc.) Windows without curtains could have been a problem for us in high summer but can't fault it other than that. All very modern, clean, simple, white-painted, tranquil. Wish we could have used the outdoor pool and walked around the grounds too ... maybe next time.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

Right from the start the staff are there for you and will meet your needs, the beds are super comfy and a decent size too.

There is a lovely cafe/restaurant which has daily superb dishes & snacks.

The grounds are huge and wether you walk around the lake morning, noon or evening, There is a beautiful atmosphere!

When I come back into the area I know this is the place to be.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Salisbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

The staff were very friendly and welcoming. The room was simple and clean with nice touches - fresh flowers and candles. A large and comfortable bed. *Fantastic* shower, although I was a bit worried about getting water everywhere as I'm not used to wet rooms! The Lighthouse is situated in a stunning area and we had a lovely walk around the lake and gardens. Breakfast was very tasty - a choice of cereals, nuts, fresh fruit, milk (soya, regular, coconut!) and a selection of cooked meals. I was very tempted by the nut porridge and homemade granola but opted for a salmon and spinach omlette which was delicious. One night really wasn't enough to make the most of this lovely place. There is some building work going on here at the moment but they didn't start too early thank goodness!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Alicante
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

I booked The Lighthouse at the last minute as needed to get away after a stressful period in my life. The surroundings and the people who run it helped to make my stay so relaxing. Having some of the treatments enhanced my stay even more and my 5 days there made me feel SO much better and more able to look ahead with renewed optimism. A trip to Bath - an hour away - rounded off my stay beautifully. The breakfast (included) was real treat and it was more than the usual B&B in that you can soak up the wonderful atmosphere all day and have lunch there as well (you can also have delicious home cooked supper if you wish to self cater in the evenings). I was made to feel so welcome, nothing was too much trouble, and I can't recommend The Lighthouse highly enough. It will definitely be on my list for when I next need a reminder of my priorities - i.e. ME!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

I stayed there with my two teenaged children. We were in the family rooms which are in a wing by themselves. The accommodation was very nice, clean and spacious. At the time we were there, there wasn't another family in the adjoining rooms so it felt isolated and alone. The next night another family came and although the doors are incredibly loud coming and out of the rooms it was a bit more reassuring to have another family there. The cafe is lovely but it didn't really suit us. It is completely gluten free and we don't eat that way. The kids struggled to find something to eat in the morning. The grounds are truly lovely and there is a wonderful pub a short distance away but it is pretty remote.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family