“Great Chinese, never had a bad experience.”
Review of Tong Dynasty - CLOSED

Tong Dynasty
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Frome, United Kingdom
“Great Chinese, never had a bad experience.”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I have been to the Tong Dynasty several times now, and I have never had a bad experience with either the food or the wonderful staff there. My sister and I took my niece there for her eleventh birthday tonight, and at the end of the meal, completely unexpectedly, one of the wait staff even brought out a free dessert, with a candle, and sang happy birthday to her, which was lovely of them.

Along with this, the food was excellent as usual, not swimming in excess sauce or overseasoned, everything was fresh and well prepared, with good sized portions and reasonable prices. The staff was friendly and polite, as always, and the evening was really pleasant. The only slight quibble I have is that there really aren't that many vegetarian options, but that is something that you come across in a lot of Chinese restaurants, so it's not too bad. I would definitely recommend Tong Dynasty for family meals with older children or groups, especially, as it makes for a great casual and relaxed evening out.

• Visited January 2014

“Fantastic food... best meal out in ages!”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Highly recommend the Tong Dynasty as the best Chinese restaurant in the local area - need I say more...
I will definitely be back!

• Visited September 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Amazing - a hidden gem”
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

We discovered this restaurant this evening and were totally amazed by it.
The food was out of this world (we had duck in red wine & berry sauce and crispy salmon with honey & pepper. Both dishes were totally delicious.
Price was good.
Service was very good (friendly staff).
We will definitely eat here again.

• Visited September 2013
Frome, United Kingdom
“Not as good as the one that shut up the road!”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Take away service. Disappointed with the food,the portions (great if your on a diet) and it was pricier. Greasy spring rolls that fell apart, Singapore chow mien, not many been sprouts, and small noodles as they ran out!!! Taste was not what we are used too!!!

• Visited August 2013
Frome, United Kingdom
“Great food and great service”
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

Took our young son Jack here and had a great meal. Owner walked Jack around to see the fish while we had a great meal. Not the cheapest, but then you pay for what you get.

• Visited May 2013