“Lovely meal. Would recommend ! ”
Review of Tong Dynasty - CLOSED

Tong Dynasty
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
England, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal. Would recommend ! ”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We were wanting to go out for a meal on a Friday night. Living very near to this restaurant and passing it everyday, me and my fiancé decided to give it a go. When we arrived we were greeted by a young man who showed us to out table. The restaurant was busy and it was nice to actually see some locals come and use the bar area as a bar. The food which we were served was fantastic. We had a mixed platter to share to start with. Both me and my partner were impressed with the satay sauce. I would go back just for that. I had crispy chicken which was lovely and fiancé had a Mongolian dish which came in what I can only describe as a very small cauldron being kept warm by a candle. We both really enjoyed our meal there and wished we had tried this place before. The staff were efficient and very polite. Prices were also very reasonable however I must admit that being charged nearly £7 for a large glass of wine when it was just a normal glass size was a little bit steep but i didn't let this spoil the lovely evening I had there. The restaurant does take away so I think we will give this a go next time and see how this compares.

1 Thank spaceygirl4

Frome, United Kingdom
“Great Chinese, never had a bad experience.”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I have been to the Tong Dynasty several times now, and I have never had a bad experience with either the food or the wonderful staff there. My sister and I took my niece there for her eleventh birthday tonight, and at the end of the meal, completely unexpectedly, one of the wait staff even brought out a free dessert, with a candle, and sang happy birthday to her, which was lovely of them.

Along with this, the food was excellent as usual, not swimming in excess sauce or overseasoned, everything was fresh and well prepared, with good sized portions and reasonable prices. The staff was friendly and polite, as always, and the evening was really pleasant. The only slight quibble I have is that there really aren't that many vegetarian options, but that is something that you come across in a lot of Chinese restaurants, so it's not too bad. I would definitely recommend Tong Dynasty for family meals with older children or groups, especially, as it makes for a great casual and relaxed evening out.

• Visited January 2014
“Fantastic food... best meal out in ages!”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Highly recommend the Tong Dynasty as the best Chinese restaurant in the local area - need I say more...
I will definitely be back!

• Visited September 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Amazing - a hidden gem”
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

We discovered this restaurant this evening and were totally amazed by it.
The food was out of this world (we had duck in red wine & berry sauce and crispy salmon with honey & pepper. Both dishes were totally delicious.
Price was good.
Service was very good (friendly staff).
We will definitely eat here again.

• Visited September 2013
Frome, United Kingdom
“Not as good as the one that shut up the road!”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Take away service. Disappointed with the food,the portions (great if your on a diet) and it was pricier. Greasy spring rolls that fell apart, Singapore chow mien, not many been sprouts, and small noodles as they ran out!!! Taste was not what we are used too!!!

• Visited August 2013