“Nice little lunch”

Ranked #19 of 101 Restaurants in Frome
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Went for lunch, was pleasantly surprised, had a small salad plate, was filled with about 6 different types of salad, was really nice & fresh. I also had an almond croissant supplied by bertinet bakery which I know I love anyway! Lovely surrounding & staff fairly polite. Will be returning :)

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Popped in here on a Sunday at 11ish on the day of the Frome market, so it was fairly busy, but we managed to get a table in the lovely garden. Had to ask a waitress to clear the previous customers cups etc! Ordered two almond croissants (their pastries are from Bertinet Bakery - yum!), 3 coffees and a milkshake. Took nearly 20 minutes to arrive at our table. Very expensive.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Popped into The Garden Cafe again last weekend for lunch. It was a lovely summers day so my partner and I sat outside in the courtyard garden. Food ordered and arrived very quickly. Lovely tasty salad followed by Almond, Orange & Cranberry Bread & Butter Pudding. It was extremely tasty and reasonably priced. The Garden Cafe is one of my favourite places to eat in Frome. We go there every time we visit Frome and I can highly recommend it.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Went there on a very hot day and were lucky enough to find a seat in the garden at the back, shaded by small trees. We had coffee followed by a small mixed salad each. The food was very nice: six different salads at least in a reasonably large bowl. The garden was quite crowded and busy, as you'd expect on a hot day, but not too noisy: we could hear each other speak without shouting. It was child- and dog-friendly. The young waiting staff were smiling and cheerful and helpful, though they must have been run off their feet. I would definitely recommend this café for its food and ambience.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

The Garden cafe in Frome is very popular and serves good quality and often innovative vegetarian dishes. Good meals, salads & cakes and a full range of drinks as you'd expect. Semi-self service, order and pay at counter, but friendly service. We often come back when visiting Frome.