“dissapointing”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2012

went to the resturaunt on 12th aug '12, for the sunday carvery, when we got there, we were shown to our table in a very empty room, ordered drinks, the waitresses were lovely, and told us to get our food when we were ready, as soon as we had 1 roast potato it wasnt right, but carried on anyway, the yorkshire puds were dry, same as potatoes, the food tasted re-heated, which is not what you want at 9.95 per head for 1 course, when asked if everything was ok, i decided told mention it, which she appoligised and took our plates, she came back 10mins later saying we could get the meals half price.
i feel very dissapointed, because the full moon always gave a lovely atmosphere, good food and portions and always had to book as was always full, i wont be going back, or recommending to my family and friends

There are newer reviews for The Full Moon at Rudge

Reviewed 16 August 2012

5 stars for the food, really imaginative, tasty and well presented. Also 5 stars for being child friendly - big garden, children's play area and games that they were happy for us to bring outside. Service let it down a it, it was rather slow and we got the impression we'd been forgotten at one point.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

We had a meal in the garden on Wednesday evening,3 of our meals were just ok,and 1 was poor,but we put it down to middle of the week and pub grub.We booked a table for 4 for Saturday arrived at 7 and had to wait till 8 for our food ,which arrive cold and I sent mine back to be reheated.My meal was very salty. 1 of our friends had gammon and that was overcooked and looked like a piece of leather.Only 1 of the meals were ok.out of 4. Very lmited Sweet menu available,but the icecream was good. When paying the bill the manager asked if everything was ok, he took 1 meal off of the bill,but no apology
We are very dissapointed with the Full Moon

Reviewed 21 July 2012

A lovely meal for my family and my in-laws.

Although arriving quite late for lunch we were greeted with a smile and courteous service. We ate in the garden which was perfect for my 3yr old daughter and there were many other couples and families enjoying the atmosphere.

Throughout the meal the service was excellent and the food superb.

I'd heartily recommend this both for the quality of food and the quality of staff.,

Reviewed 10 July 2012

I stopped here by chance, the building has such a beautiful exterior, I thought it was a good start to our evening. I soon realised I wouldn't be returning as the waitress was so rude to us as soon as we walked through the door, no acknowledgement or a smile which costs nothing but gives so much, we ordered our drinks, the waitress took our order and she seemed so miserable, the overall atmosphere was flat, thanks to here. After not having much choice on the menu we had a burger and a 3 bowls of chips, after 40 mins of waiting, I tried to get the waitresses attention to see how the food was doing, she told me she was busy and walked off, then returned twice more and just walked straight past our table - I am in the catering industry myself and I am more than happy to wait a while for freshly cooked food but her manners were appalling and made me, as a customer fee, unvalued and unimportant. After all I am spending my money in their pub and if there is a wait for food, just keep me and my family's in the picture. After 50 mins we were just about to get up and leave as nobody had checked if we were ok for drinks, and our food arrived - to be fair the food was fine, but we were In such a bad mood we didn't enjoy it, they offed us no sauces or checked if the food was ok for us. We paid and left, never to return. If you want a decent pub go to the kicking donkey, just around the corner from this unfriendly ammature pub, who drastically need to change their staff.

1  Thank Dan824