“Sunday Carvery”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Sunday Carvery”
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

We found the food good and cooked to our taste. One of our friends had the vegetarian option which arrived quickly and looked appetising. The staff were helpful and attentive. The only down side was that the dinning room thad little atmosphere and gave off the impression of a canteen.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank BobCam48

London, United Kingdom
“Sunday carvery”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Having had an enjoyable stay at the Full Moon before, when we were passing through the area we stopped in for the Sunday carvery. The food is of a great quality for the price (no cheap cuts of meat here!) and the owner was doing the carving himself - great chance to say hello! There was a great atmosphere, great service (as I have grown to expect from the Moon!), and great food - what more could you want?! I will definitely be stopping by again, thanks to all the staff at the moon who have done it again!

Frome, United Kingdom
“sunday carvery”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Recently had sunday carvery, got told it start at 12.00, so had table book for 1.00, arrived and was seated within five minutes, when to carvery and was served, this were it when wrong, every thing apart from the gravy was either luke warm or gone cold, i think that the serving station wasn't upto keeping the food warm enough, i been to other carvery's that destroy you for price and for quality, £10.95 for a adult and only two slices of meat , £5.00 for a pot of tea for two is outrageous pricing, full moom you really need to look at your serving station it is not upto the job of keeping your food hot, i am sorry for this review but the food was poor ,for the prices you charge when other pubs, and inn are much better.

2 Thank 789robbo789
Oxford
“Pretty Fair Fare”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

My wife, myself, my brother & an old friend went to The Full Moon last Saturday night. We'd booked a table, & were given the choice of either eating in the bar area, or in another dining area. We chose the bar, as did everyone else who came in on a very wet night!
The staff set the tone right away by being friendly & welcoming, as others have also observed. I drank Butcombe bitter, which I've had before, & my brother tried a bitter with a name 'Endeavour' or similar. Frances (my boss) drank lager, & our friend, Bridget, had a glass of Merlot. The menu wasn't long, but that, sometimes, is an advantage, because you're then led to think maybe the food's home cooked, rather than delivered by truck & warmed up.....
My starter was 'Stornaway' (sic) Black Pudding with salad leaves, bacon bits & a poached egg on top. I've been to Stornoway, but never encountered a black pudding there... However, the dish was most acceptably tasty, as was my medium ribeye steak, with chips, onion rings & a field mushroom. I wouldn't have minded some garden peas with it..... Bridget started with spicy parsnip soup, & I concur with the part of one report that criticised the little bits of bread that came with it. A basket of fresh french bread would've been better. She chose pave of Halibut on a bed of cous-cous, & pronounced it delicious. Frances & brother Phil ate pie & vegetables, & found the pie-crust a bit daunting, although Phil conquered his with the aid of some extra gravy. We lingered over coffee after eating, as we had quite a bit of catching up to do, not having seen Bridget for some years.
There were several other customers eating that night, but the place never got to overflowing. The pub/hotel is only a few miles from Trowbridge, but seems to be out in the sticks. There's plenty of room in the car-park.
Our total bill was about £114 in total, so just under £30 a side, which isn't particularly cheap, but not outrageously expensive, either. Certainly worth another visit, maybe in summer...?

Frome, United Kingdom
“Lovely staff, food overpriced for what it was”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I went to the Full Moon for a family lunch today (January 12th), and we were served by lovely staff. Sadly, there were very few vegetarian options (I counted two, plus the soup of the day), and I ended up with soup and chips, which were okay, but not brilliant, and the three little pieces of bread that came with the soup were a bit ridiculous for the price. My sister also didn't enjoy her burger very much, and didn't end up finishing it.

The desserts were much nicer, but it was nearly fifty pounds for three of us, and none of us were drinking, so not really impressed. It was a lovely place, and again, the staff were great, but I don't think we would go there again purely because of the food.

1 Thank Felicity A