“Best Fish and Chips!”

Cranmore, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Best Fish and Chips!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

We love the White Row Farm Shop. The food 'hall' is full of tempting morsels from the bread, jams, patés and cakes to the fish and meat. It is true it isn't cheap but its really good. The fish and chip restaurant serves a wide variety of fish and the 'day's special offer' was fish (cod) and chips and mushy peas for £6. We have never been in the main restaurant and can't therefore comment. There are slides and things for children.

Visited March 2014

Palm Springs, California
83 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“Quality Costs @ White Row Country Shop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

We've been there twice now--once for buying meat and fish and the other for fish and chips. The shop is lovely with plenty of room to move around with your basket. I never buy my staples at a place like this but simply the meat and fish. My fish was a bream which I watched being scaled, cleaned and fileted. It was fresh and delicious when I cooked it. We also bought pork shoulder chops and to avoid the pork being dry, I put it in a brine before I sauteed in. They were not dry and tasted good--not exceptional (maybe it was because of my cooking!).

The shop grows their own veggies, raise their own pigs and produce other things so you know it's the best quality. With that being said, why does it have to be so expensive? I never understand that. My grandparents, who also grew their own veggies, butchered their own pigs, smoked their own meat, raised chickens and had an egg route, made cottage cheese, butter, milk and cream AND could barely make a living BUT we always ate well! Oh, if they were only alive today to reap the benefit of the prices they could get at their market stall.

The fish and chips were some of the best I have eaten in England. I don't typically eat fried foods and/or chips but because of all the hoopla decided to try these. I had cod vs. haddock and the batter was light. I asked that the chips be fried twice to be crispy and the young man said he would but they were no different then the other order we got and I don't think they were fried twice. I found nothing exceptional about the chips. The cost per order was £7.95. There were three young men working that evening and they were all friendly and trained to make the fish and chips per the shop.

Parking is no problem.

Visited February 2014
Warminster, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Outstanding Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

We visit the farm shop, cafe and fish and chip shop on a regular basis because the quality of the food and service is excellent. Our favourite is the fish and chips which may be a little bit expensive but the quality and taste is outstanding. The cafe is also open in the evenings (Tues to Sat) and the atmosphere, food and service is again outstanding.

Visited January 2014
Wiltshire
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Top Quality Food to buy or eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

The food at this farm shop is of the highest quality, so bring a fat wallet, because you just want to to keep buying more and more of this tasty food that is soooo... good on the eye.

Apart from the shop, there are two restaurants (menu and a fish and chip shop). I have heard excellent reports on the fish and chips so must try this!. We stopped in the restaurant for a lunchtime snack of a tuna baguette that came with a side salad. One was ample to share between us, so excellent value and delicious.
The restaurant also does a Wednesday Steak Night (6oz rump & Glass of wine - £10), "Fish Friday" ( Choice of 2 starters and 2 mains - £15) and Curry & Beer night on a Saturday (£10). All are from 5.30 pm to 8.45 pm. We will definitely be trying these

Visited January 2014
doncaster
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

What a find this is a great place to stop on the A350 if only to see the farm animals ive been stopping on and off all summer the little ginger pig is getting bigger on my every visit
I really like the onsite fish shop the scollop shell always has a daily deal and always very good fish
The farm shop has really good quality produce and very local as well what a change to some farm shops

Visited December 2013