“Wow wow wow xx”

Ranked #9 of 103 Restaurants in Frome
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Great food !!!!!! Great place !!!!!!!! Great people !!!!!!!!! Highly recommended xx very friendly Andalusia you feel very welcome a def from us xx

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Sunday 24th March, We met friends here for lunch on Sunday, again we had another amazing meal, we all went for the roast option, the boys had beef and the girls opted for Minted Lamb.
The Quality of the locally sourced meat was outstanding, Fluffy Roasties, Caramilised Parsnips, Cauliflower in Parsley sauce divine and 3 other veg !!! all cooked to perfection as an ex chef I can be critical but couldnt fault the meal.
I have been impressed with the improvement in the Staff and I think Richard really goes the extra mile to make sure everyone is happy. With new ideas all the time I am really looking forward to the Wine tasting sessions and proposed quiz nights
We were lucky enough to see the newly refurbished Bedrooms after enquiring about the accomodation for a family occassion, they look amazing and I love the beautiful original art work in the family rooms . . with the great food, Ideas and B and B rooms you deserve to be a huge success !!!!!

1  Thank diz47uk
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We visited here as a group of 9 including small children and a baby.
The roast dinner which the majority of us opted for was delicious and big enough to fill the largest stomaches among us. A great choice of meats too, and as the men couldn't decide between them they were given the option of having them all, which they took!
Vegetables were varied and well cooked. Roast potatoes brilliant.
A couple of the children wanted a kids meal and the menu here was also varied. I have to say that the chips were the best I have tasted in a long time and nearly fought my son over the last ones on his plate!
The sticky toffee pudding was AMAZING and came with a choice of cream, custard or ice-cream.
Great value food; exactly what I would expect to pay for a roast dinner but well above average quality. Certainly one of the best in this area.
Would also like to mention all of the staff who were very very welcoming, attentive and friendly.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

Really bad, 3663 type food from a packet, just tasteless and totally inauthentic!

Expensive and really not worth the money, such a shame, we were all looking forward to it, even the kids didnt like it!

3  Thank Kate f
Richard F, Owner at The Old Bath Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

I just do not get this, i seriously do not. Why not call me to your table...i am here all the time! I just do not understand why you have left my business and think we do 3663 food. Our chicken nuggets for children are real chicken fillets, they get free ice cream...

We bend over backwards to please our customers...we continuously push and push to make sure we get this right....i went to almost every one of my tables this week ... unless i was cooking i am available to take on board coments, all the tables i spoke to said they were so happy...we even have tables returning with friends and famlies weekly....

Once again if you are not and ex disgruntled staff member or competition then call me on this number 074 326 34 686 and let me make this right...

If you have taken the time to log on and write this take the time to call me...let me find out what we have done to upset and disappoint your children and apologise personally...

We do care, we put so much thought, energy and team work into building this once dead business and it is just devastating to see we have upset you!

Thers my offer please take it. Also go take a look at our website and see our reviews policy!

Reviewed 24 March 2013

I have absolutely no idea where the recent reviewers ate but i struggle to believe it was the same place. Granted the prices are at the higher end you would expect but you gets what you pay for!! We initially looked at the slightly confused menu and thought we may try somewhere else until that is we spoke with the owner. We told him our thoughts and guess what.... he listened!! We had a stunning cut of meat unlike any steak I have eaten in some time (Not listed on the menu) at a fair price agreed by all. I always advise to speak with the owner of any restaurant if your not completely happy. He listened to what our table of three had to say, took it on board and offered us what what we wanted. Not only that, he will now be offering a special that will offer something a little different at a more affordable price. Many owners will listen to criticism / advice, few will act upon it!
If your looking for a top quality steak, cooked how you like it served by friendly staff in a comfortable environment then look no further.. With the meat served on a hot rock, if you don't like how it's cooked then it's down to you as it's you who finishes the cooking at your table.

Looking forward to the Easter weekend when we will be returning to try a different cut and sauce..

1  Thank TaylorJack23