“A great find!”

Ranked #9 of 103 Restaurants in Frome
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Travelling with my husband and 2 boys (age 10 and 7), we found it hard to find somewhere decent to eat in Frome but struck gold when we walked back up the hill to find The Old Bath Arms. The restaurant manager, Lucy, was great, brought me a beautiful glass of wine and made us all feel very welcome. Then.... the pizzas.... wow! Truly the best we have had, we really didn't expect them to be so good. If you're in the neighbourhood, I strongly recommend you drop by - the restaurant and pub layout was interestingly quirky too, definitely nothing boring about this place. We hope to be back one day!

1  Thank calypso89

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely meal, black rock steak was perfect. Staff lovely and helpful. A little confusing as to where to go when you arrive. Would return

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Read loads of reviews over the past few months and was pleasantly surprised .we visited on a very busy night but the staff showed no fluster and were very attentive .
Food was excellent ,the pate was fabulous and the Eton Mess brilliant. We also had a selection of really tasty tapas.
Well done, a welcome addition to the Frome circuit ,makes up for some of the local pubs around that are sadly declining in numbers and service !

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Having eaten at a fantastic Tapas bar in the past, we thought we would try more of the same at the Bath Arms......
Unfortunately this was not the case and certainly NOT tapas!
Although the staff were 5* and very friendly the food left a lot to be desired.
The prawns tasted like they hadn't been cooked from fresh, the potato bravas were just roast potatoes with a spicy tomato sauce dumped on the top and the croquette potato was just bland and tasteless.

The people on the table next to us ordered the pizza which looked really nice and we left thinking we should have had that instead!

We went here for drinks separately which was a totally different matter and was well worth the visit.

Richard F, Owner at The Old Bath Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Hello,

I am so sorry to hear this! Our Tapas are normally outstanding, i jumped straight into the kitchen and went to find out what had gone wrong! The chefs acknowledge they took the eye off the ball and are devastated. They are very committed and professional and have put steps in place to make sure that it does not happen again!

I have reminded our kitchen team the importance of consistency and total dedication to how we built our business by continually striving to create the ultimate dining experience!

Sometime we as a team do get it wrong and this time we did. I apologize for this. Our new Spring/Summer menu has just been completed and there are some amazing new Tapas and Street food we are launching on the menu!

Please, please please contact me Richard directly when you are in the area again 01373465045 and let me personally meet you to assure you that our Tapas will be right for you on the next occasion!

Plus i will replace the Tapas free that you did not enjoy!

Kind Regards, Richard!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Me & my other half were staying in Frome and walked past & liked the look of the place (cosy pub/eatery). I had a Spanish-meat pizza and my other half had the veggie lasagne. Absolutely fantastic pizza - best I've had in quite a while. Loaded with toppings, but not OTT. The lasagne was tasty, creamy and packed with tasty veg. The triple-cooked chips were great too! Well worth a visit for pub-grub done well.