“Our favourite Indian” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bay Leaf

The Bay Leaf
Ranked #38 of 95 Restaurants in Frome
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Was previously The Ship Inn
Bath, United Kingdom
“Our favourite Indian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

My partner & I always go here for Indian, the service is impeccable, the staff are so polite, friendly and efficient. The food is gorgeous, plenty of it, not heavy and it tastes amazing. They're great at recommending things as well if you want to try something different which is what I like to do. The facilities aren't the greatest, it could do with some sprucing up but that doesn't deter from the fact the food is great and excellent value for money. Definitely give it a try and keep going back like us!

Visited March 2014

Bath, United Kingdom
“Great food, great service, great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Popped here for an impromptu Friday night treat and not disappointed - very friendly welcome, fantastic vegetarian choice of food, really tasty dishes, service not the quickest but then it's nice not to be rushed. The bill came to £40 for two of us including poppadums to start, beer, soft drinks, sides and two main courses (one meat, one veggie) so can't complain at that. And to top it all off they put the food we didn't eat (as the portions are so generous) in a take-out container to take home. All in all a really good meal out.

• Visited July 2014
bristol
“Best Indian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

This has to be by far the best Indian restaurant that I have been to the food was great they even made me a Ceylon that's not on menu very friendly staff the Sunday buffet is well worth a visit looking forward to our next visit

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank ahale095
Midsomer Norton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Best Indian restaurant we've ever been to, go on a regular basis food is fantastic and so are the staff, tried other Indian restaurants but none of them beat this one.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Emma C
Somerset
“Curry Stained Clothes”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Be very careful when ordering a takeaway meal. They packed mine in the usual foil tubs, which they then placed in a cardboard box. During the short drive home, the entire contents leaked over my car seat and subsequently, my door step, hall floor and clothes. The latter have been rendered un-wearable as despite her best efforts, my Wife has been unable to remove the stains.
I took the ruined clothes to the restaurant this evening to complain but was only offered a £20 voucher (The relatively new clothes cost in excess of £70!) The restaurant manager refused to better his offer.
We have until now been very regular customers at the Bay Leaf. However, to be treated with scant disregard has left me with a very bad taste in my mouth, which had nothing to do with the curry incidentally! I will not be going back!

• Visited May 2014