“Good food - locally sourced”
Review of Meadowside Farm Cafe - CLOSED

Meadowside Farm Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Frome, United Kingdom
“Good food - locally sourced”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Nice comfortable cafe with good home cooked food. Reasonably priced. Must try on a Sunday lunchtime.

Visited July 2014

Midsomer Norton, United Kingdom
“Management problems intrude on service”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We popped in today Sunday 13 July for a snack lunch. Sunday lunch itself was offered but we chose some snacks - I chose a Mediterranean plate, other half a salmon plate. Both were reasonably priced but lacked substance. My plate consisted of olives, feta cheese and another type of cheese with one lettuce leaf and a small tomato. Included were three pieces of pitta bread. Far too much to eat. It left me feeling hungry and I felt the restaurant did not understand the food they were serving.

Whilst we ate I heard the manager apologize to a couple saying that there would be a longer wait for the Sunday lunch. This at 12.30 when the serving had just started. I do feel that they are not working as a team. Management should not speak about problem in front of the customers. Although I would go back for a coffee etc. I would not 'trust' this place to deliver a satisfying meal.

We made our excuses and left. (paying of course)

• Visited July 2014
Alton, United Kingdom
“Popped in for a picnic, left with a box of smiles”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We had seen the Cafe on Trip Advisor in preparation for a long weekend exploring the locality. On Friday afternoon, we (family with toddler and baby) popped in and spoke with Lois as to whether they could put together a picnic for us and all we had to do was confirm the next morning if the weather was OK.

We did just that and the next morning a really thoughtful box of sandwiches, crudites, quiche, rocky road, crisps and all sorts was ready for us.

A couple of hours later, we were having the perfect picnic at Avebury amongst the stones.

So a big Thank You to Lois and her team for helping to make a special day for us!

• Visited May 2014
Frome, United Kingdom
“Uninterested, rude and poor service.”
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner recently came here with our son as a treat on our way home. As soon as we walked in we were aware the woman, who I assume runs the place, was telling off a member of staff which carried on for ten to twenty seconds before she saw to us. We ordered a toffee sundae and a scoop of strawberry ice cream. She suggested a 'smaller portion' for our son but we said that it was fine, to which she walked off with sarcastic remarks.
We took our seats, all the while she was still ranting at the member of staff, all about how people will lose their jobs, calling them stupid, unable to do the basics. We could hear everything as clear as day, it ruined what was meant to be a nice time.
Our ice creams came over and to my surprise I had a knickerbocker glory, which the bottom half of was warm. Not what I ordered, but before I could say anything she was off at the member of staff again.
When we had finished we walker over to the counter, only for her to ignore us and remain sat at a table. We had to call her over twenty seconds after walking directly past her. We were the only people in there, you'd think the service would have been better and in general was a very awkward experience. Wouldn't go back.

Visited April 2014
5 Thank Vertical V
England
“Great Place Always Consistant”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We normally stop here for breakfast on our way to Vobster Quay dive site. We have been doing this for some years even before the current owners moved in. The reason for this is that there is always a very warm welcome, the surroundings are excellent, its not a chain and as such offers so much more. Real china, clean tables and cutlery. The food is always good especially the sausages.

I can thoroughly recommend this place, but give yourself plenty of time dont rush it

• Visited April 2014