“an super friendly place with good food and drink”
Review of Cafe La Strada

Cafe La Strada
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Frome
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Established in 2002, Cafe La Strada was the first street cafe in Frome. We offer a wide range of homemade foods, fine Barista coffees, drinks & Ice cream. We cater for all dietary requirements especailly coeliacs! All are welcome!
Reviewed 7 July 2014

always happy to spend time here, sit in the window in a medievel street and watch the world go by, eat delicious cakes and drink lovely coffee. sometimes we indulge in Jude's delicious ice cream. last Friday we indulged in a meal in the Bistro. it exceeded expectations, lovely lovely food, delicious duck in pancakes, chicken supreme melting in your mouth and a pudding to die for (probably could considering the calories) and as always delightful service from the lovely Jude and her staff. offered the chef a job working for nowt in my kitchen but sadly left without him. lovely Chilean merlot too, will be looking for that in the wine department when I next need a good bottle of red. will certainly be back for more and would recommend it highly. Fromes best kept secret!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I am a long time customer here at La Strada and have rarely been disappointed. My partner and I mainly drink coffee here, after all it is primarily a coffee shop, but we do eat quite often and the food has never failed to satisfy, especially as my partner is gluten sensitive. The staff are always ready to accommodate to this, being willing to substitute say, a bagel, with gluten free bread if needs be. But the reason I am writing this review is that today I tried La Strada vanilla iced cream, and I can say it is the tastiest I have ever had. The iced cream is made in house, and we knew it was good because our young relatives, grandchildren and nephews and nieces have always sung its praises but we oldies don't usually indulge. Having done so I am moved to write about it. Just a final word about a couple of poorer reviews I just read. They seem mainly to be concerned with the layout being inconvenient. Frome is noted for its listed buildings, but they are not always well suited to modern needs. La Strada is narrow because it is hundreds of years old, but to compensate, the owner has spread it over three old shops. Such matters ought not to count against quality of food and service. Nor should the random nature of custom, the shop is often packed then in a short time gets almost empty only to fill up again quickly. That indicates that the staff are efficient because they quickly get through the temporary queues. So overall the experience has been good enough to keep we two coming here since La Strada opened, and to appreciate that the occasional glitch is merely that. The standard is generally excellent.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

everything!! I love well made coffee and they make it just right there. Illy coffee when done properly is great. Also the almond croissants are delicious. The salads for lunchtime are unusual, imaginative and a sensory delight. A vibrant, lively atmosphere. The staff are helpful and friendly.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This versatile cafe does a little bit of everything you could wish for, breakfast to bistro and super coffee, snacks and best of all homemade icecream all with good service and real classy
Little gem

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I love coming to la strada. I have lived in Frome for 5 yrs & having been in Bristol before, it was a breath of fresh air to be received by such lovely & helpful staff. And it's a great place for coffee and food. Especially their homemade ice cream!!! Yummy!!
Keep up the good work!!
And thank you for filling my tummy!!