“The perfect spot”

Cafe La Strada
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Frome
Cuisines: Fusion, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Established in 2002, Cafe La Strada was the first street cafe in Frome. We offer a wide range of homemade foods, fine Barista coffees, drinks & Ice cream. We cater for all dietary requirements especailly coeliacs! All are welcome!
“The perfect spot”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Having only recently moved to Frome, we are still finding our special places to eat, drink, shop & sit. Cafe La Strada was from the first visit a favourite spot. We are already treated like the regulars that we quickly became, being greeted by name by the incredibly nice staff. Here you will find super food, excellent coffee, brilliant home-made gelato & sorbet, gorgeous chocolates & really lovely, welcoming staff as well as a wealth of local 'what's on' information. Inside is cosy and warm on a grey day and the outside is the perfect place to watch the world (or at least, our little bit of it) go by on Cheap Street.

• Visited March 2014

“Worth a Visit”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Located in a lovely part of Frome with quaint old shops and a narrow winding footpath with an open drain pipe with fresh running water passing through! A Table for 4 was booked with friends who frequent quite a lot due to the humour and friendship they have developed over the 15 years of living in Frome!
Drinks to start with, a good selection of premium beers and wines, thou we opted for a good Gin with Cucumber which was light and smooth on the palate! The reception was good as was the service which Sam our waiter showed etiquette and silver service dining!
The menu wasn't particularly cluttered with an endless choice of food, it was a simple menu with tastes for all concerned.
I chose the Salmon for starters the chicken as a main and the cheese board to share with the option of port, thou I'd drank the best part of a good bottle of white so declined with the port! Tap water was on hand with a hint of fresh lemon.

Overall the food was ample in size of portions the taste was enjoyable I perhaps would liked to have more of the chicken with wild mushrooms in a delicious sauce which complimented the dish!
The service was good, as for my sins I am partial to a cigarette after such a fine meal, and I had none to hand - Sam kindly offered 2-3 so I could enjoy the evening!

As visitors we thoroughly enjoyed our evening and thou we didn't pay as our friends did, the following morning we had 3 poached egg breakfasts which were divine and a full English with tea and coffee all round at just over £40.00 we thought was value for money!

In addition the Cafe has a selection of truffles and chocolates for sale and plenty of seating outside!

I look forward to our future visits!

Frome, United Kingdom
“Always a great experience”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I have visited Cafe La Srada on numerous occasions and can honestly say I have never had a bad experience. Their ice cream is FAB esoecually their Pimms sorbet, different us fantastic and their evening bistro is a wonderful experience with the right balance between friendly chat and privacy. I always look forward to a visit.

• Visited June 2014
Somerset
“an super friendly place with good food and drink”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

always happy to spend time here, sit in the window in a medievel street and watch the world go by, eat delicious cakes and drink lovely coffee. sometimes we indulge in Jude's delicious ice cream. last Friday we indulged in a meal in the Bistro. it exceeded expectations, lovely lovely food, delicious duck in pancakes, chicken supreme melting in your mouth and a pudding to die for (probably could considering the calories) and as always delightful service from the lovely Jude and her staff. offered the chef a job working for nowt in my kitchen but sadly left without him. lovely Chilean merlot too, will be looking for that in the wine department when I next need a good bottle of red. will certainly be back for more and would recommend it highly. Fromes best kept secret!

• Visited July 2014
Frome, United Kingdom
“The best vanilla iced cream ever”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I am a long time customer here at La Strada and have rarely been disappointed. My partner and I mainly drink coffee here, after all it is primarily a coffee shop, but we do eat quite often and the food has never failed to satisfy, especially as my partner is gluten sensitive. The staff are always ready to accommodate to this, being willing to substitute say, a bagel, with gluten free bread if needs be. But the reason I am writing this review is that today I tried La Strada vanilla iced cream, and I can say it is the tastiest I have ever had. The iced cream is made in house, and we knew it was good because our young relatives, grandchildren and nephews and nieces have always sung its praises but we oldies don't usually indulge. Having done so I am moved to write about it. Just a final word about a couple of poorer reviews I just read. They seem mainly to be concerned with the layout being inconvenient. Frome is noted for its listed buildings, but they are not always well suited to modern needs. La Strada is narrow because it is hundreds of years old, but to compensate, the owner has spread it over three old shops. Such matters ought not to count against quality of food and service. Nor should the random nature of custom, the shop is often packed then in a short time gets almost empty only to fill up again quickly. That indicates that the staff are efficient because they quickly get through the temporary queues. So overall the experience has been good enough to keep we two coming here since La Strada opened, and to appreciate that the occasional glitch is merely that. The standard is generally excellent.

• Visited July 2014