“Fish had dried out”

Codswallop
Ranked #77 of 101 Restaurants in Frome
Price range: US$1 - US$8
Cuisines: Fast food
Description: Codswallop is a Fish & Chip shop situated on the Stonebridge estate in Frome, Somerset. We sell various types of takeaway food, including Burgers, Southern Fried Chicken and Pies, as well as more healthy options such as 'Cod in Foil' and our Chicken Breast Sandwich, of course there are also classic choices, such as Cod, Haddock and Plaice, all of which can be cooked freshly when ordered.
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Have purchased fish & chips from this establishment on many occasions & results are very mixed.
Can be really good, but more often than not very disappointing.
Last Wednesday I purchased Cod & Chips, & clearly the fish had been cooked a long time ago ( lunch time ? ) & kept warm.
It was so dry as to be inedible.
Codswallop is convenient, but much better to drive across town.

1  Thank holiday504128

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Myself and my family have had food from Codswallop dozens of times and the food has always been great. To the guy who complained that they had run out of battered cod by the time his meal was cooked may I suggest that you let the staff know what you intend ordering right from the start and I'll guarantee that from my experience all your food will come out at the same time.
Would highly recommend

Reviewed 14 April 2013

£9.50 for 2 cod, 1 chips, 1 mushy peas takeaway I thought reasonably expensive. Peas were virtually cold and cod was big batter small fish. A mountain of decent chips but I want more than a big helping of chips for my money. Disappointing.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

I went to get a takeaway meal for 4 people. Codswallop do a very tasty baked cod with leeks in foil, a good healthy alternative to cod in batter. I knew I'd have to wait for the fish in foil to cook and that was fine, but by the time it was ready, they'd run out of battered sausages (for my lads) and by the time they were ready, they'd run out of battered cod, and by the time that was ready, they had to scrabble around for enough chips for my order ... The food was tasty enough but mine was only luke-warm because it had been 'keeping warm' for the best part of half an hour.

1  Thank Judith W