“Chef having a bad timing day and breakfast?”
Review of The George Hotel

The George Hotel
Ranked #54 of 101 Restaurants in Frome
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Starter arrived and changed as not acceptable, replaced with mushrooms which were very nice but over cooked.
Main course was the beef and ale pie, the inside and outside was overlooked, to the extent of the underside of the pie was burnt... I didn't send it back and just put more gravy on to replace the dried up I had given up by then.
However the veg were very nice, the beer was very good and the serving staff friendly and happy smiling faces.
The breakfast the following morning was overlooked sausage, over cooked poached egg... Enough said..
When I paid my bill I explained and the manageress apologised and agreed the chef must have been having a bad "timer" day...

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We had a quick snack in The George Hotel, the service was quick and good with friendly staff, The food was good and great value. If I had one suggestion it would be that the tables need some polish to make them look clean.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Excellent service, good food, great staff. Good place to go for a coffee as it is served with home made shortbread, yummy.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Friendly, helpful staff. Good choice of menu at lunchtime and evening with 'special events' menus for Valentine's Day, Mother's Day etc. Best coffee in Frome! Central location and good for family get-togethers, friends meeting place etc. Choice of two function rooms available for parties, conferences etc.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Really pleased we popped in for an evening meal..the recommended prize winning pies are full of flavour and more importantly packed full of actual meat !...locally sourced and well presented. I had the pork and apple pie and my partner had the steak and ale pie...you wont be disappointed with the quality of the food or with the service. We had an excellent chatty and helpful waitress...gaby. We enjoyed the food so much we went back today and had lunch there...also very nice- Grilled Goats cheese with beetroot, rocket salad and pine nuts with honey dressing and balsamic vinegar. The portions were good and again fresh tasty ingredients.