“wonderful food, great atmosphere”

The High Pavement Evening Cafe
Ranked #10 of 101 Restaurants in Frome
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We have eaten here three times in the last year and have always had a wonderful evening . It is my go to place for birthdays and anniversary celebrations …I love the informal atmosphere combined with such gorgeous food. I only wish it were open more frequently . I always want to bring visitors here …to show off Frome .The food is of exceptional quality , the flavours amazing , and the service always friendly. Please don't close for the summer

1  Thank Beverley H

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us by several friends who had previously been and I have to say it delivered on every level.
The menu is small granted but this encouraged us to try some things we wouldn't normally choose. We certainly weren't disappointed, it was a great meal.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and the timings between courses were perfect.
The Wraxall Bacchus was delicious and excellent value.
The restaurant was full and so the atmosphere was exactly how we like it.
We had a really good evening, it was very good value and will certainly return in the future.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

One of the most interesting and delicious meals we've eaten in a long time. Friendly service and intimate dining experience. A must.

1  Thank viapiazza
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I ate here for the first time on a Friday evening with friends from work. The restaurant is only open Friday & Saturday and you need to book in advance as a very busy little restaurant.
As there were 3 of us we opted to try all the starters between us - small portions - but very nice. 2 options for the main meal - one vegetarian. I had the meatballs which were very nice. Nice atmosphere in the restaurant. Great service.
Would definitely recommend for a relaxing evening with good food.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Ate here with a party of 15 on a Saturday night. The food was superb and the atmosphere vibrant. A true hidden gem in Frome. A shame they are not open for dinner during the week.
The chef has got to be credited.
Only slight niggle os the lack of a credit card machine, but I can understand why they do it.
Will definitely return.