“A Taste of Sicilian Authenticity on your doorstep”
Review of Paccamora

Paccamora
Ranked #54 of 101 Restaurants in Frome
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Warm and friendly, this family run Italian restaurant is a 'must visit' if you go to Frome. At the top of Catherine Hill in the Artisan Area of this historic town sits this lively little cafe/restaurant exuding the charm and authenticity of Sicily. The staff are friendly and attentive, and Loredana, the proprietor is alluring, exciting and absolutely passionate about her food and will ensure eating and drinking here is something you will want to do again and again. The coffee is great and the gluten free cakes are divine. I urge you to visit, for there is nowhere in Frome that is quite like it! A taste of Sicily!

2  Thank Roz B

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Paccamora such a delightful place to meet friends, sit and chat. Also to just visit on a whim and have a coffee and a bite to eat and travel downwards to visit the awesome shops on the Hill. If you haven't met Loredanna, this is the place to be, she is an amazing host, full of joy, happiness and energy and a love for her Scillian cooking!.

4  Thank patricianadrew
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Have been here twice and such a lovely treat when shopping in Frome - very authentic vibe and enjoyed both times

2  Thank Odette R
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Just called in for coffee and cake. Is this the same establishment that the other reviewers have written about? Our experience was dreadful.
My wife had tea, it was fine. I had a latte, which was weak and at best tepid. I had one mouthful, and thought I would ask for another hot one, when the waitress came with our cakes. 15 minutes later, no sign of our cakes, so no hot latte. We went inside to pay for the drinks. No apology for the non appearance of the cakes, and no apology for the undrinkable coffee. This might be acceptable in Italy , but not here in Frome. I did notice that other people sat outside were waiting a long time for their food to arrive,,well after they had finished their drinks.
This place is a shambles, and I will avoid it in future.

5  Thank Loiner3570
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stopped off in Frome recently as we'd understood that Catherines Hill is worth a visit (which it is - a short one though...). The climb up the hill required the usual refreshment at the top and so we discovered Paccomora, wanting a simple pot of tea and some fizzy pop for the younger member of our party. Our hosts seemed to have trouble with our order until I spelt it out slowly and clearly. Then we realised that they are Sizilian, here in the UK to learn English (and run a restaurant on the side...).
Having clarified the order and rearranged the furniture so that we could sit down properly we got talking with our hosts who were really friendly and gregarious. I apologised that we had not yet visited their part of Italy which we hope to rectify one of these days.
Well, the tea was OK and suitably refreshed we made our back down the hill to continue our journey.

2  Thank Eyekaytoo