“Simply a lovely lunch.”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Decided to take lunch in town, which is a chore as there isn't much in the centre. So we walked up to Palmer street to try out Castello.
The first impression is that is relaxed and unpretentious. We were seated and treated with efficient courtesy which was maintained throughout our visit.
We shared an antipasto misto platter served on the now obligatory slab of slate with a glass each of the rather pleasant house rosato. Well prepared, dressed and presented, an excellent start to the meal. With the sun shining and a gentle breeze from the door behind us,we had already left Frome behind. My Strozzapreti Pugliese was most enjoyable as was my wife's Risotto Verdure, and the Insalata Spinachi we ordered with it, I'd have had that on it's own. Mmmmm. My coffee was very black and very Italian. Bella! A GOOD two course lunch with half a bottle of wine and change from £50.
It is so very nice to go for a a meal on spec and actually have the place exceed your expectations so delightfully. As the big guy says in the movie, "I'll be back".

5  Thank Richard S

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We had a taste of real Italy in Frome when we went to Castello for a meal. The staff were really friendly, the atmosphere was vibriant and the decor very pleasant. The food was amazing. We recommend the cheesecake. The starters were delicious, the mains full of variety and choice and exquisitely cooked and presented. The tuna steak was superb. As for desserts...you just must keep enough room to try one..and then you're spoilt for choice. We're going there again this week. Can't stay away. We went with both meat eaters and vegetarians, and there's plenty of choice for everyone's taste.

5  Thank Rutti
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Overall the restaurant was nice, the atmosphere was good, although when I went there was no music. The pizza making is quite entertaining, and the chef's look like they have fun, which was good to see.

I ordered a lasagna. The waiting time was normal, although the food came at different times so some people started eating before others. When I got my meal, it tasted quite nice but there seemed to be a grittyness to it, which I told my friends, as I like to joke that I am a food critic. About a third of the way through the lasagna, I found a piece of a plate. It was about 3 inches in length and 1 inch wide, which is why I gave a poor rating. I don't understand how something so large can be unnoticed in a dish.

It would've been very nice, and the waiters did give a half hearted apology and offered another meal as a replacement, which they still charged me for, but I feel as they should focus on their quality a bit more; if they can miss something that large, then I wouldn't be surprised if they are missing smaller objects.

1  Thank IReviews2014
Reviewed 13 June 2014

this is an amazing restaurant. I have been there twice and the staff are absolutely wonderful. my pizza was epic

5  Thank Dgdjomb
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Had a joint birthday evening with a friend and family - A perfect evening.

Faultless friendly service and the food was superb.

Thank you all for making our birthdays special.

5  Thank 571IrishMick