“Frome Flyer,busy but comfortable.”

Premier Inn Frome Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Frome
Sampford Courtenay, null, United Kingdom
“Frome Flyer,busy but comfortable.”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We just spent the weekend at Frome Premier Inn and ate at the attached Frome Flyer Restaurant. Although it was obviously a very busy weekend for the staff, they were all very courteous and helpful.
The waiters/waitresses in the restaurant were very obliging and patient and the food was acceptable.
Only down point, no Lovage to have with my preferred tipple, Brandy!

Room Tip: Try and get a back facing room if you want to leave the window open. The rooms facing the road need...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Garstang, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Stayed here in September for two nights. Room was basic and a tad tatty. Premier Inn seems to be charging Holiday Inn prices but delivering Travel Lodge levels of comfort. There are signs everywhere that tell you how to complain if it's noisy, which it would not be if there was some better thickness to the walls. I heard someone snoring in the room next door all night – can’t really complain about that at the desk. The breakfast was not good – the eggs must be the cheapest they can source as they were revolting. The all-you-can-eat breakfast is not something that attracts me but I suppose van drivers et al, of which the car park was full of them, will stuff their faces. On the plus side the staff were all, without exception, very friendly and looked after us very well, particularly as the hotel was busy. Having said this, my gripe is with Premier Inn and not this hotel and I would probably stay here again.

Room Tip: Upper floor at far end of corridoor
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mercedesmadman
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Family group of 3 adults one child and one infant had 1 night at this hotel prior to going on to Centre Parcs at Longleat. I have stayed at several Premier Inns and do find them good value but what made this place so good was the overall level of service provided from arrival to departure. Friendly staff who were very helpful in the hotel and the Table Table pub/restaurant is attached to the hotel so there was no need to take the kids outside. The restaurant staff were brilliant at finding a table, sorting out high chairs, providing play material, getting the kids meals early etc.
The family room had a double, 2 singles and a cot. The B&B rate for the 2 rooms for 1 night and including a booking fee was £60. I have never completed a trip advisor form before but the service and value here was so good that it seemed only right to praise.

Room Tip: Both rooms were excellent.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2013

On arrival hotel very clean and welcoming had to ask for extra towel only one instead of two but this was resolved straight away very busy hotel book in advance if you require evening meal outside surroundings clean but near industrial estate would return again

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Everything in this hotel was fantastic, the service was brilliant and the staff couldn't have made us more welcome. Our only bad experience was the room temperatures, we found them incredibly hot. This in some ways was counteracted by the fact they had fans in the room but in future I would like the temperature to be a little more comfortable. Our waiter for the evening was also brilliant, very helpful, welcoming and chatty. This hotel was full of staff doing their utmost to ensure we had a good stay. Will definitely be staying again next year :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I booked two rooms for my parents and myself at the end of August specifically because they are both disabled and unable to walk or climb easily when we went to Frome for a family wedding. I booked Premier Inn because their disabled bathrooms are usually ok (I have been allocated them myself sometimes when booking late or arriving without pre-booking) and paid extra in case we needed to cancel for health reasons. We were given a so called 'adapted' room on arrival (in spite of booking a disabled room for them) and found it had a step over bath and just a few handrails rather than a proper walk in shower or wet room. Neither of them could use the shower the next morning and mum was really distressed by this as we were in Frome for a wedding. We were also treated appallingly by the restaurant staff who left my mother standing ages leaning on her zimmer frame while they literally argued about where to put us because the restaurant was so busy - and they obviously thought we would take too much room. They than placed us at a table at a table at the furthest point from the door in spite of an empty table next to other family members being available - our request to sit together being dealt with very poorly and rudely. It was clear that they really didn't want us there as the restaurant was 'too' busy and they kept pushing past and made my mother feel awful about her zimmer frame being in the way. Then, when the head honcho came to take our orders he spoke to my mother as if she had had learning disabilities not mobility problems. I actually wanted to hit him. He was rude and sarcastic each time he came to the table. The noise inside the hotel from noisy residents in the ground floor corridor was awful and boy racers were careering outside in their cars all night. When I mentioned these I was simply told that it happens every Saturday night (as if that made it OK) and not a single mention of the so called good night's sleep guarantee - which we did NOT have on this occasion. I did not even bother to go on about the bathroom but will notify various agencies under the DDA act. This is NOT the quality I expect from Premier Inn and I wish I had booked rooms elsewhere, but the only reason for booking on this occasion was the so called disabled room for my parents. I should not have bothered! Frome Flyer? I will fly past it in future that's for sure! All in all, a nasty, humiliating and very anger inducing experience. Almost a hundred pounds for each room for one night and treated like this????? Disgusting!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BrusselsSteveO
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Frome Hotel, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with everything they need to have a comfortable stay, and I am sorry that on this occasion we have failed to do this. Most of our Premier Inn sites are equipped with full disabled facilities, including wet-rooms, though some older sites are still in need of updating. We do however state the available facilities on our website, and would advise customers to contact the hotel to check availability. I am also sorry to learn of your experience in our adjoinging restaurant at Whitbread it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of customer service and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to achieve this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.Once again thank you for your review, we hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We booked this hotel for one night as a stop over for visiting friends in Bath the following day so our criteria was for cheapness and location. What we got was a really lovely, relaxing stay which added to the enjoyment of the weekend. The staff were so friendly and helpful even down to telling us about the park and ride in Bath and giving us written directions to find it. The room was clean and comfortable with two fans provided (which we needed). The meal deal ,which included a three course meal and drink plus help yourself breakfast, was very good value. We would recommend staying here and plan to return with our young daughter to visit Longleat.

• Stayed August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frome
Travelodge Warminster
#1 of 3 in Warminster
The Woolpack Inn
The Woolpack Inn
#2 of 2 in Beckington

Been to Premier Inn Frome Hotel? Share your experiences!