To be fair we stayed here a year ago and had an amazing time with outstandingly good food and a gorgeous room. This time, however I HATED it! To begin....the room was right by the entrance to the corridor so we were woken up several times in the night with people going up and down the stairs and banging the doors to the bathrooms which were opposite. We had booked for two nights food but after the first night decided to cancel the second evening as it was so poor, not a patch on last time. The breakfast was also average and took ages to appear. You are expected to make your own tea/coffee which is fair enough but you need a degree in physics to operate the coffee machine. Our bedroom had a mirror above the sink which was obviously fitted by a man as it was too high up and too far away for me to see myself in (will attach a picture!) which is a nightmare for girls trying to do makeup/put contact lenses in. Finally, when I was looking for a pen in the room I opened the bureau to find a load of washing up (not ours!) that had not been cleaned away. So very disappointed and just get the feeling its got a bit above its station as its not a patch on what it was.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegant 17th Century Inn located in a very peaceful location in one of the most beautiful villages in the West Country. Hinton St George is set in stunning rolling, typically English countryside on the borders of Somerset, Devon & Dorset. The Lord Poulett Arms has recently won numerous prestigious national awards including “Gastro Pub of the Year” from the Good Hotel Guide, & “National Dining Pub of the Year” in the Good Pub Guide & received superb reviews from every quality newspaper incl 9/10 for food & 9/10 service from The Sunday Times & “Best Sunday Lunch in the West Country” from The Observer. The Inn is furnished with taste & much of the furniture is antique. The quality of the food is the main draw to The Lord Poulett with it winning the Good Pub Guide “Somerset Dining Pub of the Year” in 2009, 2012, 2014 & 2015. The Inn has two gardens; one a French inspired knot garden with Wisteria covered pergola & Boules Piste & the other a typically English wild garden full of mistletoe covered apple tree’s, Hammocks & Love Seats & even a Five’s Wall (the forerunner to squash). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, LateRooms and Agoda so you can book your Lord Poulett Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lord Poulett Arms Hotel Hinton
- Lord Poulett Arms Hinton, Somerset