We often end up in this beautiful part of the country and this is probably my favourite pub anywhere! We were very excited to have the opportunity to stay over for a night recently. The food, decor, atmosphere, breakfast and staff are all absolutely wonderful! We had a room at the far end of the corridor and it was beautiful! The room was really nicely decorated, with a fantastic luxurious roll top bath at one end and a wonderful big sleigh bed...but there was one huge let down... the mattress! It was an incredibly uncomfortable mattress (and we're saying this as two normal sized people who normally have the ability to sleep almost anywhere on anything). Unfortunately it was far too soft and squishy, so that with two people it felt like we were both sleeping on a hill, trying not to roll into the dip in the middle all night so that we didn't squish each other. Sadly, it made for a very bad nights sleep...
I never normally take the time to write reviews and I wouldn't now, except that this place is so lovely in every other respect, with a different mattress it would be the perfect place and we'd be back to stay all the time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegant 17th Century Inn located in a very peaceful location in one of the most beautiful villages in the West Country. Hinton St George is set in stunning rolling, typically English countryside on the borders of Somerset, Devon & Dorset. The Lord Poulett Arms has recently won numerous prestigious national awards including “Gastro Pub of the Year” from the Good Hotel Guide, & “National Dining Pub of the Year” in the Good Pub Guide & received superb reviews from every quality newspaper incl 9/10 for food & 9/10 service from The Sunday Times & “Best Sunday Lunch in the West Country” from The Observer. The Inn is furnished with taste & much of the furniture is antique. The quality of the food is the main draw to The Lord Poulett with it winning the Good Pub Guide “Somerset Dining Pub of the Year” in 2009, 2012, 2014 & 2015. The Inn has two gardens; one a French inspired knot garden with Wisteria covered pergola & Boules Piste & the other a typically English wild garden full of mistletoe covered apple tree’s, Hammocks & Love Seats & even a Five’s Wall (the forerunner to squash). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Lord Poulett Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lord Poulett Arms Hotel Hinton
- Lord Poulett Arms Hinton, Somerset