“A very relaxing country pub with excellent food and staff”
Review of The Plough Inn

The Plough Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Holford
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
“A very relaxing country pub with excellent food and staff”
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We were staying in a nearby village and made the short drive to Holford and were immediately greeted with a friendly warm welcome.
The menu was varied and at a reasonable price, the portions were of good size and my son enjoyed being able to choose different ice cream scoop flavours for dessert.
It was also my sisters 30th birthday and I asked if the staff would be able to bring out the birthday cake that I had supplied as a surprise which they did and were happy to help in any way.
Would recommend and when we are next in the area we will DEFINATELY be visiting again!!

• Visited September 2012

Stoke-on-Trent, England, United Kingdom
“An Excellent Country pub with good food/service and welcoming staff.”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I took my partner away for a short break as she had annual leave which needed to be used, we stayed at the Combe house hotel which was a short walk away from the Plough Inn.

I first went into the pub mid afternoon on my own as my partner was having a sleep after the drive down from Staffordshire, the pub was quiet due to the time of day and I got chatting to the landlord, Chris who was very freindly and chatty. I had a couple of drinks with him and played darts.

We returned later in the evening together for a meal and a few drinks. The atmosphere was relaxed and the food was of very high quality and extremely reasonably priced.

On our second and last evening we returned to Plough where once again we were made to feel very welcome. We had another quality meal, and stayed until last orders, chatting with Chris and Michelle at the bar.

Chris was the perfect host, very easy to get along with and made our time there very enjoyable. I would have no hesitation in highly recommending the Plough to anyone and it's just a shame that it is 168 miles away from where I live!!

Thanks very much guys, keep up the good work, and hope to see you again soon!

Neil & Abbey