Amchara Health Retreat
US$140
Travelodge Wellington Somerset Hotel(Wellington)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$153
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsraw foodtai chiweight lossinfrared saunadaily yogalife changinghealthy eatingcalm feelingblood sugarsuited me perfectlylovely groupeating habitsyoga teacherfirst couple of daysholistic approachperfect weeklost lbs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2011

A very quiet and elegant country house hotel near Wellington,Somerset and the gardens and flowers were beautiful.Although in need of some structural refurbishment,the house was very relaxing.
The rooms were necessarily a little faded as the property dates from 19th century and the details of TV which never worked as a result of poor reception + a shower that took 5 mins to run warm detracted from the overall experience.
However,the warm and friendly welcome by the owner and her dog Indy plus the service received from the staff were of a high standard albeit we were only 8 people in the whole hotel all week.
The food was good from breakfast to dinner and they were adaptable to our requirement s offering a suitable menu for our budget on two evenings.
We were lucky with the rate we paid as it was a quiet week but,if we were booking normally,the rate would be £145 per person/night.
Normally a hotel booked for private weekend functions,shooting parties etc..it is definitely a place to consider if you can get a rate below £100 per p/n.

Room Tip: Ask for a special rate
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank gerryflan
Reviewed 5 July 2011

... and couldn't have had a better experience. We stayed a few months beforehand too and had a fantastic weekend, with great food, large cosy rooms, well-stocked bar and friendly staff. But for our wedding weekend, they really pulled the stops out. They made our weekend the absolute dream we couldn't even have hoped for, worked so hard to make it a reality, and now most of our friends are asking for the website so they can book in for special occasions. This will forever be our special occasion hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank weeb1976
Reviewed 27 May 2011

We hired Bindon House for the weekend on a self catering basis but utilized their catering services for a birthday party of 80 people on the saturday evening. I have stayed in many hotels over the years and I found the service at Bindon House second to none!! Their balance between being friendly and easy-going yet professional and efficient was perfect. The food Mike cooked for us on the saturday night was delicious and everyone commented on how friendly and helpful he had been during the day.
The house itself was immaculate but still felt comfortable and homely. Each room has it's own charactar but all are maintained to a high standard with lovely ensuite facilities. I loved that there was so much to do at the house, from the swimming pool to the tennis court, trampoline, pool table and garden games. My only disappointment was that I didn't have longer to enjoy it all. If I could have stayed the whole week I would have!!! Bindon House isn't a cheap place to hire but it certainly is value for money.

Room Tip: Favourite = Vitoria (decor), Rolica (view)
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank froggie40
Reviewed 14 January 2011

We feel incredibly lucky to have found Bindon Country House - what an amazing place! We used it as the venue for our wedding celebration - and we honestly couldn't have done better. It was beautiful, classy, quirky, comfortable, served delicious food, and the staff was professional to the max. For such a special occasion it was really important to us that things went well, and they came through for us and then some - we'll treasure the memories we have of it forever.

Some details:

We booked the house for 3 nights over a weekend in August for a group of around 15 adults plus children, and also had a party with around 100 people all day and evening on the Saturday. We used the swimming pool, swing, croquet, boules, football and goals, gardens, outdoor patio and barbecue, free parking, grand piano, Bose music system, and free wireless internet. All great.

What attracted us initially was that they were very good about being reasonable with prices, and with the fact that we didn't want to book the place for a whole week. That, and the beautiful and surreal architecture and setting in a lovely part of England. I'd emailed dozens of other places and looked at hundreds on the internet - nobody else was so accommodating, and many of the places on offer weren't half as beautiful.

Right from the first moment of contact, around 10 months before the event, Emma the Coordinator and Lynn the owner were incredibly helpful and organised. Communication was excellent, and once we'd signed the contract, their help was just as professional. I felt confident all the way through that everything was getting done properly - a huge relief when you're tearing your hair out with trying to coordinate a wedding. Additionally, Emma was able to suggest and arrange reliable service providers (catering, music), so that I didn't have to find and contact them myself. It was all so straightforward, efficient and pleasant.

On the day of the party, they were amazing. I've been a professional large-scale event producer for famous international brands in London and I don't give that praise lightly. In fact, everyone says I'm totally neurotic about getting things done properly and on time. Not only did the Bindon team manage to live up to my ridiculously high standards, but they also anticipated problems and situations I hadn't considered, dealing with them in advance. I really didn't have to worry about a thing. Plus, on top of racing about working their socks off for 10+ hours without dropping the ball once, they even managed to be extremely friendly and welcoming to us and our guests!

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Bindon to everyone - and in fact I've been doing so, since the event. I only hope we get the chance to go back and stay there again sometime soon. Ah, the memories....

If anyone is thinking of having a wedding celebration there and wants to email me for more details about Bindon, I'd be happy to oblige.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2009

I held my wedding here in December (30 guests). It was great to be able to have all my guests stay here with me, making it all very relaxed. The wedding co-ordinator was very friendly and worked very hard on the day. The venue looked beautiful and everyone exclaimed what a gem I had found. The bedrooms are all ensuite with modern appliances - a little scruffy around the edges but this all added to its charm - it meant we could relax and kick back. The staff were all friendly and helpful and the food was excellent. Very few weddings can you say how good the food was, well this was the best wedding food I'd had, cooked perfectly and very tasty. Thankyou Bindon for helping to make our wedding day so wonderful!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family