Well I arrived late at Crewkerne Railway station fully expecting to see a number of Taxis, sadly there were none, I called a few local firms only to be told they were none available for hours I contemplated walking the couple of miles. Finally before I started walking I called the Manor Arms and without hesitation the girl on the phone despatched one of the kitchen staff to collect me.
How about that for service.
The room I stayed in was perfectly adequate for my two evenings and I was able to get a sandwich made up at 10:30pm on the night I arrived.
The Pub itself is a vibrant "west country" place and even though it was quiet you could sense the warm welcome form the locals and a few visitors.
I had to leave before breakfast on my day of departure and the Girls in the Kitchen made me the mother of all ham salad sandwiches for my train journey.
I would have no hesitation in recommending the Hotel to anyone, the food in the evenings was historic and the local beer excellent
Call for the best deal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Country Village Inn set in heart of a conservation village on the West Dorset/South Somerset borders, Built in local mellow stone, with beamed ceilings and inglenook fireplace it is a Freehouse serving a fine selection of cask ales, full a-la-carte dining room, bar snacks and a function room for private parties. It has a large car park at the rear together with a very pleasant beer garden. There are 9 letting en-suite rooms. Five are situated in the Coach House at the rear of the main building (of which 2 are set on the ground floor to facilitate guests with mobility problems. The remaining 4 rooms are situated upstairs above the bar within the Inn' The village of North Perrott is an ideal stopping spot for seeing the sights of the area. We are close to the West Dorset Coast for Lyme Bay, Weymouth and the whole Jurassic Coast is within 30 minutes driving time. We are surrounded by National Trust properties, beautiful walking country and some of the most picturesque villages Britain has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ebookers, Book Direct Rooms and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Manor Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Manor Arms Hotel North Perrott
- Manor Arms North Perrott
- The Manor Arms North Perrott, Somerset