“Lemon Tree good food”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in North Petherton
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Lemon Tree good food”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My wife and I have just enjoyed a wonderful meal in The Lemon Tree Restaurant at The Walnut Tree Hotel in North Petherton. I had the Pan Fried Breast of Duck and my husband had the Grilled Plaice with Mussels & Clams.

Our meals were cooked to perfection (our compliments to the chef) and the staff, as always, were attentive and friendly. We will be back again soon to try more of the same.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank adrian p

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Arrived much later than planned on a cold, dark and wet October night. Reception open and staff on duty were friendly and welcoming. The reception is bright, clear and airy which gives an immediate positive vibe. Check in very easy and informative and the receptionist committed to doing her job well. As I walked to my room staff around the building said hello, checked I was ok etc..

The room (28) was large, warm and well furnished. The cleaners are clearly proud if what they do and it shows. The bed was not to my personal liking but nevertheless I had a good sleep.

The evening meal was well cooked and presented. Best steak I have had in a long while - full marks. Again the staff are friendly and attentive. If I were to live close by I think I would choose the bar as my local.

Breakfast was generous and well cooked. Good selection only down side was I did not have the time to be more adventurous than the traditional.

Overall a good place to stay and the manager and staff should be very proud of what they all do.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Adrian H
ashby
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Staying here was like a trip back in time.
Not to my normal taste but just like living at home with my parents.
By that, I mean clean, comfortable, friendly but in a slightly old fashioned way.
The kind of place where people shop at M&S/Debenhams.
That said, I had a great nights sleep so uit can't be all bad

Room Tip: Make sure it suits your taste before booking
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Fleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on business based on reviews. The staff were lovely and very helpful. Rooms were imaculate and clean but the whole place had a very dated feel like from the 70's. Internet access was very good and it was quiet.

• Stayed October 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We went there several months ago with a large family group including two coeliacs and my 92 year old gran. They bent over backwards to make sure my gran was comfortable and had everything she needed. They had a good understanding of gluten free food and avoidance of cross-contamination. We all had the roast which was very good.

The service was excellent too.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Bridgwater, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I have visited here several times as it is a convenient point to meet friends and family. The hotel has an old fashioned service and food is always cooked to order.

We met there on Thursday evening and unfortunately, it was very busy and the management had underestimated how busy it would be. Consequently, it ended with us being very hungry and waiting longer than usual. However, as normal we received excellent food and apologies from the head waiter. Love it here.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Northop, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2013

What a great hotel, not only was the room immaculate the staff were so helpful. This was the first time I had stayed away alone and was a bit nervous, however the restaurant were very accomodating letting me order my food from the room and even offered to bring it up for me but I thought I needed to get out a bit! Excellent service, food was good (if I had to pick at anything the desserts could do with a bit more variety but I do have a sweet tooth!). Would definately recommend this hotel to anybody, just thought was worth noting the extra service and security I felt as somebody travelling alonw - I will definately be back!!

Room Tip: Although I was only booked into a standard room I was upgraded as it was a quieter time to an exec r...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
#13 of 17 in Taunton
The Castle at Taunton
The Castle at Taunton
#7 of 17 in Taunton

Been to The Walnut Tree Hotel? Share your experiences!