We stayed for a couple of nights. They do focus on the culinary side of things. Our stay was pleasant and here are the observations:
- staff are very helpful and welcoming
- food was delicious
- limited selection of ales (two on tap). Get some Tetley's or Guinness to expand selection
- great view out on patio (good place to have a drink before meal)
- breakfast process could be improved (coffee more readily available even self serve is ok, individual jams on tables, refill juices when containers are empty, need salt and pepper mills on all tables)
- not a pub type atmosphere, more upscale contemporary feel to it.
- Room 2 has the traffic noise at night when windows are open on warm days
- bring hair conditioner if you need it
- need to review and fix water supply pressure system. Seems to allow water to blast into sink. It's fixable I'm sure.
Overall we felt comfortable and welcomed. The contemporary atmosphere does promote less casual feel like a traditional pub does, however, certainly a good place to go for a meal. Might be a little pricier too given the high quality of ingredients used in cooking the meals. The room was clean and bed was comfortable, however, room #2 was a little noisy facing the main road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alex and myself Annette, have recently taken over the Culbone Stables Inn on Exmoor. It is situated on the A39 between Porlock and Lynton in the idyllic heart of Exmoor. Our Inn and gardens are in a beautiful setting and have exceptional views across the valley of Coombe. Our aim has been to renovate the restaurant back to a welcome, friendly Country Inn/pub. Our menu is traditional pub fare, at reasonable prices, using local produce. We welcome walkers, cyclists, families and dogs. We have 5 on suite bedrooms. 2 are opposite each other (one twin, one double) with their own landing and would be perfect for families. Room 1 has its own private patio, with stunning views. Our motto is , anything you want, just ask. We might not be able to fulfil some requests but there's no harm in asking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Culbone Stables Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Culbone Stables Hotel Porlock
- The Culbone Stables Inn Porlock, Somerset